Where to place the plugin...js

I have HACS and i tried to install several plugin cards. Most of them have url, by example:

• url: /hacsfiles/button-text-card/button-text-card.js
    type: module

I tried to put this in ui_lovelace-yaml but that is not accepted any more in the new versions of Hassio

Where to put these resources?

Configuration -> Lovelace Dashboards -> Resources Tab

[quote=“bonestaak, post:1, topic:190542”]
url: /hacsfiles/button-text-card/button-text-card.js
type: module

Apologies, assumed you were in GUI mode.

You need to add them to configuration.yaml as described in the docs.

How is that with the GUI mode?

Nope, at me there is only the word Dashboards not Resources

Confused now …

So that’s why I gave you the link for instructions to put them in configuration.yaml …

Did you look at it?

CONFIGURATION VARIABLES

mode

(string)(Required)

In what mode should the main Lovelace panel be, yaml or storage (UI managed).

resources

(list)(Optional)

List of resources that should be loaded when you use Lovelace. Only use this when mode is yaml . If you change anything here, click the three dots menu (top-right) and click on Reload resources for Lovelace to pick up changes without restarting Home Assistant. You can also call lovelace.reload_resources service directly.

url

(string)(Required)

The URL of the resource to load.

type

(string)(Required)

The type of resource, this should be either module for a JavaScript module or css for a StyleSheet.

Since you use the UI and HACS you should just click the “Add to lovelace” button that HACS show you after you install a plugin.

But if you want to do it manually (like a cave man :smiley: ) have a look here Adding resources to lovelace

Hmm strange, i dit:
lovelace:
mode: yaml
on configuration.yaml

Hmm, i saw an option on user profile, advanced modus and now i have sources.

Do you know if its possible to add a HACs frontend card to the Dashboard? I’m not using the lovelace-ui.yaml but instead using the UI “Add Card” button. However I can’t find a resource that I downloaded from HACS when I click the “Add Card” button. I do see the JavaScript module resource in the correct folder on my Raspberry Pi though.

You typically have to use yaml for custom cards. I don’t know if a single custom card that adds to the + button in lovelace