Where to put wake_on_lan starting in 2023.8.0?

Hi all, as you may know the configuration for switches is changing and is moving under the command_line dict. However, I have yet to find a way to format the wake_on_lan stuff according to the new layout. The wake_on_lan documentation still indicates that you should put something like this is your configuration.yaml

switch:
  - platform: wake_on_lan
    mac: MAC_ADDRESS

This of course has been working for a very long time but triggers a “problem” in HA as this will be removed in 2023.8

I tried doing this:

command_line:
    - switch:
        platform: wake_on_lan
        mac: "60:a4:4c:cd:31:60"
        name: "rosanna-desktop"
        turn_off:
          service: shell_command.turn_off_rosanna_desktop

But that results in the following error

Invalid config for [command_line]: [platform] is an invalid

I tried moving the config under

wake_on_lan:

In the configuration.yaml which removes the error but also the switches (obviously) no longer function.

I’m not exactly sure what to do to fix this

In the mean time, I have migrated what I can under the command_line section but have left a switch: section just for my wake_on_lan stuff.

What am I missing?

Wake on LAN isn’t moving.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I would argue that the “problem” messaging is confusing then. I read it to mean that all switches are moving under the command_line section, which seems not to be the case

In this case, as I understand it and anyone is free to correct me, WoL is its own platform in the switch domain. Only items using the command_line platform are moving.

1 Like