Which 2CH zigbee roller shutter to choose?

I do have 4 roller shutter that I’d like to control over Zigbee. My idea was to retro-fit a 2 channel zigbee curtain module. The one I tried single channel TS130F but I don’t feel it is that reliable, as I am having the 2 following issues:

• Stop responding to ZHA commands after a while
  • Momentary switch is not always working, as sometimes it triggers the full opening or closing of the shutter roller.

Do you have a reliable zigbee (or wifi) for 2x roller shutter ? I do not have enough space to insert 4 devices in my wall unfortunately. Looking forward for your recommendations !

1 Like

Hi ,
I encounter exactly the same issue.
more over, some trouble with calibration and this module.

I tried also the Zwave from Fibaro, but not working correctly too.
The Roller shutter motor is calibrated himself. for my side, i’m just looking a device with two Out & the confirmation to not get the two out ON on the same time …:confused:

How about these?
aliexpress.com/item/1005003838317997.html

I bought those but having technical issues, so I was wondering if there were some already vetted for HAOS.

Me too, I have shelly 2.5 devices but they keep freezing from time to time. And not being ZigBee it’s a hassle. It’s odd that we haven’t got a good Zigbee product with calibration and supported by the main open coordinators and Home Assistant

Hi all,

Finally, using a SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus, Zigbee2mqtt and the Girier (Tuya based) curtain modules, I finally manage to have something robust which is working as expected. I can open, pause and close curtains with my manual switch on the wall or use home assistant.

Quite satisfied with the overall solution. I used to have issues with my SONOFF ZB Bridge and z2m, but moving to the usb dongle P seems to have solved all my issues.

Hope that helps someone with the same type of challenges.
Raphael

1 Like

I have the same combi, but still have problems as you described. In the meantime, my Grier modules no longer respond to the Z2M commands.

I bought a Tuya Gateway so I could proceed to Girier firmware update. Un-pairing from Z2M, pairing to Tuya GW, upgrading firmwarde, un-pairing from Tuya and pairing back to Z2M. Maybe that would help ? I tried to implement a Girier specific Z2M adapter but I gave up…

I just noticed that you are the same as with the GitHub problem.

Did updating solve all the problems in the long run?
Because then I’ll also get a Tuya Hub to update.

It would be mega cool if you can find the time to provide the OTA updates using the instructions.

Hi @LeFlair, problem might have been solved on my end by upgrading the Sonoff DongleP firmware. This video helped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBAGWBWBATg
So far devices don’t randomly leave the network. I’ll update this post in a few days/weeks if regression is observed but I am hopeful

Firmware update of the devices themselves didn’t fix the issue. I will try to change some of the TS130F by Shelly Plus 2PM in the near future to see if it offers a better experience. Low trust on those tuya curtain devices

1 Like

Ah top, thank you, I will test that.
Because the shutters are already annoying. I noticed that if I control them Einzelnd, these work great, only with simultaneous control, the errors occur that some do not govern, or already closed shutters open again. Annoying something…