Which airconditioning is truly local without ESPHome

Yes, I’ve looked around in other discussions. Long discussions also. I even looked around in discussions at the openHab, Hubitat and Homey communities.

But I could not find any brand or device that multiple users have reported using (to this day) and is still newly sold that has truly local integration and does not need some ESPHome (or any kind of third party hardware). Also I’d like to add that I’m not looking for any IR transmitter solution.

If anybody has any idea about an AC unit (split unit) that works like this I would like to hear.

And with all respect I also like to ask everybody who wants to tell me how great ESPHome works, or some kind of IR transmitter works to NOT respond. Just to keep this discussion short and on topic. Thank you.

Specify, what you mean.
I have Daikin mini split with local rest (http) api. I use Esphome. Do I need Esphome? No. I can control it from whatever device in my local network.

Well I mean an airconditioning split unit with a local API on it’s own. Not some sort of ESP like hardware needed. Also I’m looking for a system that is still available, not like Daikin which has stopped with it’s local API.

There are some Daikin models available that use B-series wifi module.
Like Sensira FTXC35B that I have.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I will take a look at this unit.

I’ve encountered a fair few different brands of AC’s.
I have a 2020 Aux AC that came with a wifi dongle and has a fully local API. From what I understand even ones you buy today still have a local API. There’s heaps of resellers of Aux AC so you’d likely be able to find one.

I had a new Hisense AC that I was able to easily swap out with an older model wifi dongle that had local API.

Gree has a local API, an official integration with HA and is the easiest to set up out of the 3.

1 Like

There’s also mitsubishi electric, you can ditch the more expensive wifi dongle with esp8266 flashed with mitsubishi2mqtt

Oh and newer panasonic ac model does include matter integration it seems