Which hardware to control lights from 3 points?

Hi guys! it’s my first post.
It’s been a few weeks since I’m trying to use hass.io.
I would like to be able to control the lights of the various rooms, either through HASS IO and through a physical switch. Some of these rooms have only one switch, others have up to 3. I bought a basic sonoff to do some tests, following the advice of DrZzs I installed tasmota, but unfortunately I’m not a big welder.
I also tried Ankuoo REC (MS6126 / csw201), perfect for my needs as it also supports the 2/3 ways switch, but unfortunately it is not supported by HASS IO.
Avoiding the wifi wall switches, can there be other ways to control the lights at home?

I have a few LightWaveRF that allow multiple switches.
You need to buy 1 master switch and as many slaves as you need additional switches for the same light.
You will also either need a lightwaverf hub or an RFXTrx433. I believe it’s also possible to use an RF433 header and a separate script, though I’ve not tried this yet.
Not sure if I would go down this route again as these switches have become quite expensive, and unless you spend even more for the Gen 2, they are only one way (no status feedback), but they do work well and look really good.

alternative way (though not what you asked) is to leave the switches as they are (and maybe tape them so nobody uses them) and change the light bulb to a smart one. You can then add a couple of PIR sensors to drive the light.

thanks for the replay @lolouk44!
I see the LightWaveRF product, but i have too much wall switch to change.
The idea of radio frequency objetc it’s an option I had not evaluated. Now I’m informing about eMylo (radio switch relay) to be controlled with broadlink RM PRO+.

the way I do it is by using Yeelight wifi globes and Xiaomi wireless buttons. You would need the Xiaomi gateway if you dont already have one. Programming into HA is simple and has been working for me for many months without any problems at all.

@ciccio88it check out this post Is this wifi switch supported? ANKUOO / MS6126

Looks like someone has made the switch work in Home Assistant, which I assume would also work for Hassio.

1 Like