Which is the right setup for me?

Hey,

I just installed HomeAssistant on a dedicated Odroid N2+ using the homeassistant image on an emmc.

Now I am trying to install the Wyze Bridge GitHub - mrlt8/docker-wyze-bridge: WebRTC/RTSP/RTMP/LL-HLS bridge for Wyze cams in a docker container which says it must be installed as it’s own docker.

Is there a way to do that when I’m using the home assistant operating system image on an emmc? It seems basic commands like sudo don’t work on the SSH terminal even though it seems like HA is running in it’s own docker on a limited OS?

If I can’t install the Wyze Bridge under those conditions, then what is the best solution?

I have a ton of Zwave devices so I want to be able to use the addons.

It seems like:

1. Install debian on the Odroid N2+
  2. Install Home Assistant Supervised
  3. Install the Wyze Bridge docker to setup cams
  4. Then I can still use the normal ZwaveJs addon under Settings > Addons

Might be the right setup option?

Thanks for your time!

P.S. For future readers I will probably follow this thread How to: Supervised HA install on Odroid N2+ (and others) with clean Debian 11 if home assistant supervised is required for the Wyze Bridge Docker + access to HA addons.

The thread you mention would do the job. Direct OS level access was the exact reason I went down the path I posted in that thread.

Yes it seems like Debian with supervised is the least amount of hassle and will give me access to everything I need including the ability to run the wyze cam bridge docker.

I considerd going the docker version but then not having access to addons mean’s I would have to spin up and configure a ton of dockers manually which is great for control - but not great if you want to spend less time in front of the computer.

For anyone reading with an Odroid N2 / N2+ you can get the Debian 11 image from ODROID-N2 / ODROID-N2Plus · LinuxFactory and flash it with Balena Etcher to get started as well.

Supervised on Debian is virtually useless because the minute you add a docker container that is not part of the Home Assistant ecosysten the HA installation becomes unsupported and problems start.

The whole idea of Supervised install (using a server for something in addition to HA) went down the toilet when the leaders of this project introduced this thing which could have been written by Apple

See 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy - #160 by jriker1

The only way to run HA incl ability to install addons and something else outside HA on the same hardware is to run HAOS in a virtual machine and have everything else outside this

The Odroid is a fantastic machine to run HA. That is also what I do. But I run only HAOS and everything else I have runs on a NUC and an old Mac Mini. I got tired of being chased by increasingly harch requirements of being exclusive.

1 Like

What is the significance of this please?

What would you suggest in my situation as a solution? The only thing I want to be able to do is run GitHub - mrlt8/docker-wyze-bridge: WebRTC/RTSP/RTMP/LL-HLS bridge for Wyze cams in a docker container alongside zwave

Why not just install portainer? Then you can spin up other Dockers on HAOS…