Which one would you choose if you see the following two products?

Let us know if you need testers :wink:

Thank you for your help!
I actually wanted to make this, but this is my first time posting here, so I didnā€™t know how to make it.
This helped me a lot!
By the way, can I know which design you prefer?

Iā€™d prefer ā€œAā€.

To me itā€™s a cleaner look, fits better with most styles. To my eye, the round one would look out of place unless you were going for a steampunk or Titanic-era ocean liner look. Round thermostats, like round portholes, are a thing of the past. B reminds me of a dinner plate.

That said, Iā€™d be buying based on functionality and value. I would be equally willing to buy either one, if it fit my needs and budget.

Hi Tom,
Since itā€™s my first time posting, my reply count was restricted yesterday, but now I can finally reply to you.
Thank you for voting. I personally prefer A a bit more as well.
Speaking of the budget, what is your budget range for the Zigbee thermostat based on design A?

Features? Battery life or power supply requirements?

Youā€™re calling it a ā€œthermostatā€: what does it actually do? Is it just a temperature sensor?

B looks like a cleaner look, but it also looks like it is easier to clean actually.
A looks problematic if it gets dirty in the indented ring.

If it supports e-bus and Zigbee, max ā‚¬100

ā‚¬100 seems in line with other smart thermostats. A bit more than Iā€™d like, but I sometimes forget that prices arenā€™t what they were 3-5 years ago.

So, on to functionalityā€¦

My Honeywell smart thermostats have logic to optimize on/off cycles, keeping the temperature constant, rather than toggling on and off at certain values above and below the desired set point. There is a setting to ā€œtuneā€ this feature for different types of HVAC equipment. They have a built-in, 7-day schedule function which can be set up on the device itself, or remotely via the app. Unfortunately, all remote management and monitoring is done through the vendorā€™s cloud, something we donā€™t want in HA. But Iā€™d still want the thermostat to continue to work, and run its schedule, if HA or the LAN were unavailable.

A fully local device which had all those features would be a nice alternative to the current choices in the market.

It will be Zigbee, according to our experience, the retail price will be ā‚¬50~70