Which TV brand has the best HA integration?

I’m leaning towards the Samsung Frame TVs for the art function and that it doesn’t just look like a black TV when it’s off but I believe the Samsung TVs aren’t controllable when on standby? What about in art mode?

Are LG better TVs for HA integration? Any others?

1 Like

Hi Ben, I don’t think it’s the brand that is important but the OS that is used.
These are the official integrations for TV’s: Integrations - Home Assistant

3 Likes

Dont buy samsung. Have it and dont work well as it goes in deep sleep mode. There are some work arounds for this but its a hassle.
Android tv with built in chromecast should work with out any issues like xiaomi tv.
Edit:
And the beauty of it is that usb ports are active so you can put leds with controller of your choice behind it and have back light mode of your choice. No need to pay extra.
But not on samsung tv, at least not on mine.

Hi Ben,

I use the LG integration a few years now and it works good.
What options are you looking for HA related? I only use it to turn on/off and current status (on/off and/or current app that is used e.g. netflix, youtube etc.)

Pro Monitors are priced low and have API. I used Crestron Connected units as a guidline a while back. The units used for signage like menu boards and annoncements.

These units always have crap speakers but i only use surrond for audio so TV speakers arnet needed. Thses are 32 to maybe 60” and lots of projectors.

1 Like

I’d like to avoid Samsung but the others don’t have the “Frame” equivalent and I do like the TV not looking like a TV when it’s off.

@woempiej I was looking for being able to turn on/off and select source and perhaps app.

Sony Bravia has all of that - and can act media player