Which zigbee usb?

Hi all,

Currently I’m new in Home assistant and for now I have only some aqara sensors and an aqara hub.

As I would like to use ha I’m searching for an zigbee adapter which supports, aqara, ikea and hue sensors and lights.

I found the Conrad 2, but not sure if this is a good one to use it with ha on a raspberry pi?

Does someone know what the best setup is to use several sensors from different brands with the correct zigbee usb?

The choice of stick is controlled primarily through your choice of Zigbee integration - zha, deCONZ, or Zigbee2MQTT.

Each of those document what stick, or sticks, they support, as well as what devices they support.

There’s no bad, or best, choice of the three. They provide the same basic functionality, just with slightly different device support and features.

3 Likes

Check out the discussions here:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/hassio-on-rpi-with-zigbee-hub-or-zigbee2mqtt

In that thread, I mentioned my own good luck (so far) with a HUSBZB-1 USB adapter which supports both Zigbee and Z-Wave, although I’ve only used Zigbee so far. I won’t repeat it all here, just wanted to be sure that option was mentioned.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast response with some solutions.

I think I will go further with Conbee 2 as I have seen some videos about it and documentation.

Will give it a try.

1 Like

Also check out this thread very informative, i have a zigbee2mqtt usb with antena and it works great with my Aqua, hue and tradfri devices, and the good thing about this usb is that it also works as a mesh system for your devices to link up too, and is the cheapest way to do this imo.

How was the Conbee 2? I am also looking to replace Hue & Tradfri hubs with native HA integration, everyone has very strong opinions on which is better it’s hard to make a choice which way to go!