Why are people asking the same questions over and over again? (Or the Regulars' Chatroom) 🤷

The one time my fat fingers actually copied all the text on mobile, and the damn system doesn’t let me enjoy the moment :rofl:

2 Likes

The system has been doing that for years.

2 Likes

What…? not letting us enjoy the moments?

Totally agree @petro :joy:

2 Likes

If you know how to game the system, you can make it work

2 Likes

no!

This is going to need a major edit next release with the introduction of labels, categories and floors.

3 Likes

True. There are also trigger_id’s that I often use to name or document the trigger even if I don’t use the elsewhere in the yaml. They show up nice in the trace when troubleshooting. Plus there are template comments. I’ll work on those 2.

There are always more edits to do.

Yay, looks like I’m now officially a Regular. I knew all that fibre in my diet would eventually pay off!

2 Likes

I expect it will just disappear.

That’s pretty optimistic…

Although five people seem to have dropped off the list. This is like living over the San Andreas fault. :worried:

Got to keep reading, liking, posting to get likes, all the things.
I had everything for a coupe of months and didn’t know why not… Found out I had to read 50 posts, so I read a couple hundred. Next day…

Now I just turn on a couple of topics I think I can help in to read all, and it takes care of itself. Being retired gives me time to read them, though.

Also having it post the flag by my name it to make sure I notice if I drop, not so much for others.

2 Likes

I was wondering how you were getting to so many posts so quickly… lol

I have dropped before, it just happens.

Aaaaaaargh! :scream:

2 Likes

That’s funny…
You dropped when you were the ONLY one able to read enough stuff to stay on, and the minimum was at 20000 reads or something. That’s now set at 500, so we slackers could compete with you…

It started a while back when I was trying to add a tag, and you and the mods were the only ones with the ability, but there there were tens of thousands of members. Mods decided the limits were a bit out of wack…

2 Likes

And still I had to ask a question today. And I should have known, just didn’t see it. (And had not tested it in a real situation)

2 Likes

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”—Henry Ford

8 Likes

Dropping off shouldn’t be anything to worry about if you’re on the forums regularly.

I’ve been visiting practically daily for the past 4 years. Only decided to create an account last month so I could vote for the voice assistant projects.

Then I figured since I had an account, I might as well start posting & help people if I could. The only thing which delayed my badge was the 50 day requirement - all the rest just came naturally.

Just keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll be fine. All you guys in this thread are pretty active and your posts have helped a bunch of people, myself included.

1 Like

I know, I know … but not only is it wrong, it’s the exact opposite of what you actually mean!

All the best,
Pedant

4 Likes