Why are people asking the same questions over and over again? (Or the Regulars' Chatroom) 🤷

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”—Henry Ford

8 Likes

Dropping off shouldn’t be anything to worry about if you’re on the forums regularly.

I’ve been visiting practically daily for the past 4 years. Only decided to create an account last month so I could vote for the voice assistant projects.

Then I figured since I had an account, I might as well start posting & help people if I could. The only thing which delayed my badge was the 50 day requirement - all the rest just came naturally.

Just keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll be fine. All you guys in this thread are pretty active and your posts have helped a bunch of people, myself included.

1 Like

I know, I know … but not only is it wrong, it’s the exact opposite of what you actually mean!

All the best,
Pedant

4 Likes

just to be pedantic: it’s not the exact opposite :wink:

4 Likes

Grumble

6 Likes

If you have a point, it was lost on me. I missed it.
:baseball: :cricket_bat_and_ball:
I try to carefully say exactly what I mean and at the displeasure of others, often go back and edit my remarks should they look confusing when I read them back.

1 Like

Today I was promoted to “Regular” (and I’m not talking about my daily constitution :slightly_smiling_face:).

I was very surprised and humbled. I owe a lot to many of you on this forum who I consider light years ahead of me on your HA technical knowledge and your dedication. Thank you!

6 Likes

Welcome :grin:

I think HA kindah need more regulars…

Out of 227696 registered users, we now have 43 regulars (~0.02%) :wink:

2 Likes

Agree 100%

1 Like

Hey, sounds familiar!

Congrats mate!

Aren’t 43 bad enough? :confounded:

2 Likes

It was 48 just a few months ago. The Cookbook should eliminate all Regulars :laughing:

1 Like

The more the merrier, but I was liking the number 42, you know, because it’s the answer to everything.

3 Likes

i think what @aceindy’s really saying is that we need better ones… so therefore it’s good to have @MaxK now… :wink:

2 Likes

Flattery will get you everywhere :blush:

3 Likes

43, of course, is a prime number. [Cue X-Files music] :rofl:

2 Likes

Re: new release. Am I right in thinking that an automation (or whatever) can only be in one category? That’s a bit disappointing. Some of mine are in three or four. :unamused:

1 Like

Yep categories are exclusive. Labels are not. Im quickly developing strong preference for labels.

1 Like

Ah yes, labels definitely better. Still it seems a bit clumsy - all those filters and checkboxes, and only two of the labels are actually displayed. It’s probably fear of the new, but so far I prefer embedding tags in names - that works for automations, scripts and helpers.

2 Likes

Let me help you… There’s a template function to very easily return all members of a label.

You can build a label for literally any reason.

…

There ya go.

(it instantly solved how I was grouping my rooms into suites issue)

3 Likes