Why are people asking the same questions over and over again? (Or the Regulars' Chatroom) šŸ¤·

Thatā€™s the ā€œSelf Congratulatorā€ badge.

5 Likes

At this point that is full fledge mark in the WIN column.

All Hallmark cards should start with thisā€¦

2 Likes

How soon before we are replying directly to AI vs actual users? I see a pattern in core questions that leads me to believe more and more users are referencing AI. Itā€™s understandable, but dynamically will change not only this forum, but all forums.

Hereā€™s another one (just saw Tom responding to one of those): person asks question, you ask for clarification, they post an answer, you point out the error and they delete their previous response instead of owning up to the error or acknowledging the help. Itā€™s not that terrible to admit youā€™ve missed something, because it can still help others. Iā€™ve made many silly mistakes. Now instead we have an orphaned response.

How soon before a Discourse helper LLM replies to the LLM questions and we donā€™t even need to type?

Not soon enough.

totally agree :rofl: I was focused on the ā€œbut ChatGPT saidā€. That is a great point :man_facepalming:

Ok thenā€¦ tried to help.

The ā€œIā€™m stupidā€ badge?

I think itā€™s embarrassment.

2 Likes

Definitely AI, both filters arenā€™t needed if the button-card example worked where he just string formatted the entity state in JSšŸ˜…

1 Like

I love it when provin that Iā€™m wrong. It keeps me on my toes.
Not sayin I wonā€™t argue with you about itā€¦

2 Likes

Making mistakes is often the best way to learn
:grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen worse !, where OP, after getting an answer ( deep down the topic ), then OP had edited the orig question / template

So i read his orig question, and couldnā€™t see what was wrong, until i read on and found ā€œsomeonesā€ answer, which was the same as OP, first then i checked OPā€™s (edited) Orig post, and saw, he had edited (replace) his wrong template, with the answer below.
Waste of time, and it actually pissed me off

Is it stupid or is it dis-respect , or just because he didnā€™t know better , i guess only he knows

3 Likes

A ā€œcatch allā€ thread on Zigbee2MQTT, what do you think? Thereā€™s so many threads on the same topic (usually a coordinator configured wrong or conflict with ZHA)

I suspect any thread on Zigbee would be doomed from the start. There are so many misconceptions and urban myths - and the only advice anyone wants to hear is ā€œBuy a new xyzā€.

3 Likes

Always the 2 first questions to ask:
-is ZHA installed ?
-what is your coordinator ?

2 Likes

Ughā€¦ ā€˜this havdybdandy antenna is the cure for all your woes!ā€™

Just ignore the fact youā€™re not using the tech like intended and the device is wayyyyyy out of spec. It fixes everything!

It slices!
It dices!
It juliennes!

Whereā€™s Dan Ackroyd - we need need to sell a BassOMatic hereā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m not a fan of these huge topics. Thereā€™s an ā€œAustralian Certified Hardwareā€ mega topic that is impossible to find anything in.

2 Likes

IMHO the zigbee section i the cookbook is already generic enough to cover 90% of thisbut Z2M is out of scope based on the discussion on what we wanted the cookbook to be (core not community)

I generally would just ask Francisā€™ two questions to clarify if itā€™s Z2M and if they remembered to disable ZHA. If itā€™s a signal issue you troubleshoot it the exact same way. The only remaining missing stuff would be Z2M specific. Like how to customize, quirks, etc. Which are better handled by Z2M folksā€¦

river_city

3 Likes