Why create a new Entity whenever I login to the app?

Last week I logged out me and my wife from our Android apps.
We promptly logged in again and got the question what our phones was going to be called.
We selected the same name as before.
BOOM HA now has an almost identical entity but just _2 added on the name. WHY?
It’s the same entity, HA Companion should know this, HA should be told/know this.

This messed up most of my scripts around locations.
Also the “App Configuration” seems to disappear when you log out and in, now I had to activate all the sensors again…

Why?

you more than likely had used the companion app before it became aware of previous integrations. You will need to follow the start fresh steps so the integration is properly updated, that is the only way to prevent that.

What?
Yeah We’ve used the Android App for years but at least my Wifes phone was reinstalled a couple of months ago so she had no history on the Phone.

That doesn’t explain why the application (or the server) decides that the same user with the same device needs a new identity even though I’ve specified the same name.

It’s because the original registration was done before the code changes I mentioned. You need to recreate the integration by following the steps I mentioned to get the proper data in there so that it can work as you’d expect. It won’t just magically work without having the correct data.