Why did my automation stop running?

Hello,
I have a doorbell automation which does some stuff, turns on porch light, and 1 minute later turns it off again.
now here is the thing.
it stopped running for some reason just before the 1 minute delay.

action “Turn on lamp Voordeur” should turn on the light, I see the light is turned on a couple of steps later, not sure why, but this might have to do with some wifi delay, not a big problem.
but then “‘Response’ object has not attribute status”

and I don’t know which object this is about, this automation is working for a while without any changes to it.
to only thing which is different is HA 2023.8.1.
But I wonder what I should change to make it working again.
and If I can assume the issue is in the switch toggle.

I would create an issue on github and post your FULL automation there as well as this image. Also make sure to include your logs.

It seems like you encountered a bug.

Not sure what ‘and I don’t know which object this is about’ means. Because the traces should (did) show you where it happened.

Not sure there is an issue until you work out the failing spot.

And please post the link to the created issue here so that it can be followed.

there isn’t more in the log and the error is suddenly gone in new traces,
so if there would be an issue, i would think is that the error is not telling me which “response” object,
and how it looks like, even if it doesn’t have as status.

maybe one of my devices which supposed to get a notification was offline and now it isn’t(this is actually my current hypothesis), but I can’t see that in the log.

There’s no way that it’s absent from the logs. Are you looking at the ui logs or the log file?

I was looking only in the automation log, but when I look at the global log I see this.

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.doorbell_2
Source: components/html5/notify.py:539
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: August 10, 2023 at 14:34:24 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: August 10, 2023 at 14:34:24

DoorBell: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 8: 'Response' object has no attribute 'status'
While executing automation automation.doorbell_2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 468, in _async_step
    await getattr(self, handler)()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 703, in _async_call_service_step
    response_data = await self._async_run_long_action(
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 665, in _async_run_long_action
    return long_task.result()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1974, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2011, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/notify/legacy.py", line 264, in _async_notify_message_service
    await self.async_send_message(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/notify/legacy.py", line 240, in async_send_message
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/html5/notify.py", line 481, in send_message
    self._push_message(payload, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/html5/notify.py", line 539, in _push_message
    response.status,
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'Response' object has no attribute 'status'

which leads me to believe that something fails in the html5 notification part

I created an issue on git

because I just realized this issue would be fatal for my alarm.