Why do the sonoff switches not have a ground wire passthru?

if i wanna plug any 3 prongs into it, i gotta run a six-inch wire for the ground, outside the sonoff box.

so stupid.

/rant

Wel, you should ask sonoff… :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t see why you ask on this forum, next time ask on sonoff forum/website…

Anyway, here you go:

https://www.itead.cc/smart-home/sonoff-th.html

Sonoff TH have earth wire, so it’s not so stupid, you just got the wrong one.

2 Likes

thats a temperature and humidity sensor. not a switch.

1 Like

With max 2200W(10A) or 3500W(16A), they really didn’t try to optimize the power consumption of this temperature and humidity sensor,

so stupid.

Hint

If you made the effort to read this time:
It optionally accept a temperature and humidity or temperature only sensor… the TH10 and TH16 are the switches, the three other option (with “sensor” in the name), are the optional sensor.

3 Likes

Just don’t buy the basic version.

1 Like

I don’t know why these people have such an attitude problem, and also give crappy advice…

Anyway, consider the POW version designed for larger appliances which need grounding.

2 Likes

i have had the Sonoff Basic working fine with a ground wire running inside the box. You need to trim the outer cable sheathing so that you leave the earth in-tact, just cut the live and neutrals to fit and then enclose it all inside the box, you can easily route the earth around a path that matches the neutral, just on the top side of the board

3 Likes

May be my answer was hard to understand / misleading: The sonoff basic version is the most basic version of the device. The product range of sonoff devices is large. If the OP buys the next greater product (TH10) there is a warth wire and you can choose between 10A (TH10) and 16A (TH16). Please don’t stick to the simple version of the device if it doesn’t fit to your needs. :slight_smile: The size of the relay / the rating of the device is important if you want to deliver much current.

1 Like