Why does an Automation perform Actions regardless of the condition?

Hi,

In my configuration I created several Input_Boolean variables that I can turn on or off. Up till release 105 I could use them as conditions in my automations like:

- id: '0020200325004'
  alias: Mi 2 Motion
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.motion_sensor_158d0001e44955
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  condition:
    condition: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.sendmimot2
    state: 'on'
  action:
  - data: {}
    entity_id: script.mi2_motion_delay
    service: script.turn_off
  - data:
      title: '*Motion Warning*'
    service: notify.tg_sendwarning
  - data: {}
    entity_id: script.mi2_motion_delay
    service: script.turn_on
  initial_state: true

Since I upgraded to release 107 the Actions in this automation are triggered always regardless of the state of the input_boolean used in the Condition.

Did I miss some breaking changes in the Release notes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Marcel

Can you confirm that the entitiy input_boolean.sendmimot2 is in state “on” when the automation triggers? Can you maybe post a screenshot of the entity under Developer Tools -> States when your automation fires but it shouldn’t?
How did you check that it always triggers? Did you execute the automation manually? Because this skips conditions.

I have a number of input_boolean entities created and used as automation conditions and have not had this problem; I’m currently running 0.107.7.
I’ve spent a significant amount of time over the last couple of weekends tweaking, testing and validating my automations and would definitely have noticed if there was an issue of this type.

I can confirm that the State of the input_boolean is off.
Input_Boolean_State|437x456

I know the automation is still executing because every time someone triggers the motion sensor I get a message in Telegram.

Did you restart yet? And there is no other automation that could trigger this message?

Yes, I restarted but that did not help.

Now that 108 is released I upgraded my Docker instance to this latest release and guess what: my automations work as designed again… :slight_smile: