Why is HA Android always searching for my location?

I’ve noticed for some time that my HA Android app is always searching my location. My settings are on to fetch updates every 15 minutes. Anyone have a clue what’s going on?

See images attached.

Check the companion app logs for more details on whats going on, there is a check we do to determine if you are on Home wifi and that check does indeed mean location is used. We corrected one case where a user did not have any home wifi configured in the app to avoid that check. That fix is in the beta.

Lots and lots of these in the logs, anything in particular i should check for?

11-18 15:10:08.896 16179 16179 D SurfaceView@a12f47d: updateSurface: has no frame
11-18 15:10:08.904 16179 16179 D SurfaceView@a12f47d: updateSurface: has no frame

you’ll see something more along teh lines of which URL the app is going to use. Keep in mind that log you are looking does not mean location is being used, just means that a component on your device that requires location is being used. Google considers querying wifi APIs location usage. This is probably nothing to worry about. The logs will show all the data the app receives from other sources so you can see what is going on. Some devices also report things in error.