Why is my wifes location so slow to update?

I have a 3 mile zone around our house called ‘almost home’. I have an automation that announces over the speaker when myself or my wife is in the ‘almost home’ zone. So for example, my wife is home and I just entered the ‘almost home’ zone, over the speakers it will say “Jim is almost home”.

It works great for me. For my wife, over half the time, she is literally pulling into the garage when the speaker announcement happens.

I check her device tracker entity and confirm that the tracker was just updated from away to almost home. So its NOT an automation delay. The automation does what it should. For some reason, she is not being marked in the “almost home” zone when she should be. I cant figure out why.

Me and her have the same Android phones. HA permissions are setup the same on both of them, which is Location is set to “All the time” and “Use Precise location”. Battery saving is disable for the HA app.

That is likely phone related.
Try changing things like battery usage of the app, precise vs. less precise location, stuff like that. Not sure which. Maybe someone has a better idea as well.

@Sir_Goodenough Both of those settings on her phone match my phone. Which is precise location, no battery restrictions.

Well I moved this discussion to mobile_apps, perhaps you will find someone smarter here.

Can’t you use high accuracy mode while in the car?
You can set the phone to enter high accuracy mode while it’s connected to a Bluetooth device or by sending a notification

@Hellis81

I don’t see that option on latest android. I just see location.

It’s part of the sensors in the app