Why the heck can't I hide the top menu bar?

I have a tablet with very limited screen estate. Hiding the side bar is awesome. But why the heck can’t I hide the top bar with the view title and hamburger menu. Like a kiosk mode.

There is a terrific custom component that does this, and much more.

4 Likes

This is in my todo list. Issue is its a long list :wink:

1 Like

Why the heck did I miss this.
Thanks Brian :ok_hand:t2:

I want this feature but I don’t want custom components (how many time HA frontend was a mess because of this custom component or others?)

4 Likes

I think it’s also about time we (royal we) roll full functionality of Custom Header into core. Tons of people running it and it creates some little niggles, like I can’t use the “refresh” menu option on my kindle fires running fully kiosk while it’s going.

4 Likes

It would be nice to be able to have the option to launch in full kiosk for a view by default for tablets etc but still have an option to navigate to the various menus on demand (swipe down from top? Keyboard shortcut? Small drop down arrow?).

I love custom header but it would be amazing if it’s part of core. Current top bar takes up a ton of space (why is it 2 rows?) and is underutilized. The title can be on the same row as the tabs. Why can’t we put some sensors in there as well? How about an option to always hide it for specific user (Kiosk mode etc)

1 Like

Is this still available?
I dont find it on HACS on

Home Assistant Core 2022.6.7
Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.05.3
Home Assistant OS 8.2