Why won't HA detect devices added from OZWCP, but it works the other way around?

I’ll look at both those places and try to get something up asap.

Slightly OT How do you get OZWCP to save the files into /open-zwave-control-panel/config?

My installation saves it into /open-zwave-control-panel/

So I’m not supposed to use the config directory inside the virtual environment?
/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config

But insted these?
/srv/hass/src/python-openzwave/openzwave/config /srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panel/config

So I would do:
ln -s /srv/hass/src/python-openzwave/openzwave/config /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/config ln -s /srv/hass/src/python-openzwave/openzwave/config /srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panel/config

You could use either. I’m using the once from the open-zwave source tree but the one installed in the virtual_env should be identical.

Sorry, forgot to reply to you.
When compiling OZWCP you set where the config is stored.

I’ve looked and thought a lot about it. Best place is actually in the current guide in this very forum and this thread.

Sorry if I’m being dense… but I can’t figure out how to set the config dir.

I don’t see it this makefile. Would you mind pointing me to the right line if it’s in there?

The tutorial has a line after make: ln -sd ../open-zwave/config… but I assume that is just to symlink the directory we have already set up.

Assuming you cloned the OZWCP code from the github repository the makefile is called Makefile. On line 24 is the setting in question.

You could follow @aceat64 excellent guide for the basics.

I have linked the OZW config folder but HA still won’t find devices added from OZWCP.
Maybe it takes some time for the devices to show up? How long should I have to wait?

Is there anything else I could have done wrong?

When you add devices in OZW, do you save / backup settings (there is button on the top right for that)
There should also be ozw* configuration file in same place where you keep yaml files, (It is the same file that you save changes in OZW). It may be possible that you have two separate configurations.
Lastly, now you can use HA to add devices without OZWCP (even using secure method)

I defer to your wisdom sir. :slight_smile: I will link people to it as I have it bookmarked. I also added a couple of tags to the thread to make it easier to find in searches.

Wait a second… Save button?! :see_no_evil:

I thought it was auto saved, so I need to manually save after I add devices?
Do I also have to save after making changes to a device or how is the settings pushed to a for example Fibaro Motion Sensor?

Removed incorrect information.

That’s the one that’s marked “Backup” right?

Sorry no, Submit it is. It’s under just about every field.

Sorry, I thought that it was obvious that once you changed a setting you needed to submit to save the changes; I thought you were referring to something else.

So I was referring to the Backup button.

To clarify; under each of the various device settings sections is a Submit button. When you make a change to a setting, for example Polling, you need to press the Submit button to save that setting.

The backup button at the top of the control panel saves the controller settings.

I used the auto installer to deploy a HA installation, which has been working well, once I got past some speedbumps. I was also looking to ‘merge’ the OZWCP and HA Zwave configs, but I found that , while my config path in ‘configuration.yaml’ is ‘/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config’, that the ‘config’ folder in ‘/srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panel’ is actually a symlink back to the one in my configuration file. However, there is a ‘zwcfg_*******.xml’ and ‘zwscene.zml’ in my ‘home/hass/.homeassistant’ folder, as well as in ‘/srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panel’, which I found that I had to copy out of the ‘/srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panel’ folder to get newer devices that I added to show up.

Did these somehow end up in the wrong place, and/or can they be symlinked?

1 Like

I have same problem as Cougar281.

Can anybody help? pls!