HomeWizard Energy (Wi-Fi P1 meter, kWh meter, Energy Socket and Water Meter)

Update available for this integration:

• I am working to get this integration available in HACS. I’m now only waiting for a PR review.
  • Version 0.4 now has support for all entities available from the API, so you can use them without manually templating them in configuration.yaml.
  • Added icons and ‘unique_id’ to each entity, so you can modify names and icons as you wish.

Great! Thank you for all of your work. This integration is getting better by the day!

Hi Unsigus, I have a Homewizard p1 module up and running. I also add the "homewizard_energy" components. I used the latest version op the github 0.4. Problem I'm facing is that the homewizard integration is not shown in the configuration -> integration tab.

1 Like
  • What is the exact folder you put the component in?
  • ‘Did you try to turn it off and back on again?’ Did you restarted HASS?
Config\Custom_components\homewizard_energy\...

Yes, reboot

Question, in one of the replies there was a video. Is it correct that the amount of file and directories differ from the 0.4 component github version?

2020-11-11_20-12-27 2020-11-11_20-15-32

Add the folder custom_components from Github at the same place where you can find ‘configuration.yaml’

Please see How to add community build component to home assistant

Hi Unsigus,

first of all thanks for the time and effort in this integration. The P1 homewizard is exactly what i needed for my config and home situation, your integration post pushed me over the edge to buy it!

Eveything is runnning nice and dandy, but i do think that i have found a bug. Within HA logs i’ve encountered:

it’s about line 79 api.py.

Running on Home assistant 0.117.2. I do not know if anyone else has this problem or its just specifically for me.

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Hi Bubba1,
Thanks for your feedback! Good to hear you like the product and the integration was helpful!

The bug you are mentioning is indeed something we need to solve (anyone here with know-how?). It should not be a big issue, but can cause some stability issues. Thanks for the heads-up!

Update:
In version 0.4.2 (pre-release), this issue should have been solved. ‘Works on my machine’. Can you also test this for me @Bubba1?

Hi Unsigus,

Just tested it out and the error has been resolved!

1 Like

Thats really nice! Thanks for de update. I ordered it will get it tomorrow.

Got everything running, great! Took me more time to install HACS then your plugin. What is by the way the difference between the l1, l2 and l3 active power readings? And is the active_power_w the total of the three? Need to calculate some actual gas usage from the cumulative and then I am done! I also read out my solar power generated (solar edge API) so I can now also calculate my true home usage.

Really nice to see! Sadly it is not that easy to install HACS… But when you get over that point, it can help a lot with managing custom integrations!

Some meters are connected with 3 phases to the grid. Each phase is measured and exposed with L1, L2 and L3. Active_power_w is indeed the sum of L1, L2 and L3, according to you energy-meter.

Please let me know if you have found something for the gas usage! That would be awesome :v:

Thanks! Will post here if I get the gas reading working

Hi! I got the power usage working via configuration. But i havent gotten the gas to work from the “daily” view. I would rather get it into the configuration. As for the HACS, i cant install if, since im on an older version of Hassio. Wouldnt want to update atm, knowing a lot of repair would be needed, meh!

Help is appreciated! Thanks!

Today I made this lovelance board based on the available API’s. It includes the Gas and electric cost witch you can set with the input select. You can copy / past the code. I’m not a programmer so please feel free to improve and share it.

sensor:
#Export electra
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      energy_export_t2_dagelijks_eur:
        friendly_name: 'Opbrengsten vandaag nomaal tarief (T2)'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_export_t2_dagelijks')|float * states('input_number.t2_energy_cost')|float)|round(2) }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "€"

sensors:
      energy_export_t1_dagelijks_eur:
        friendly_name: 'Opbrengsten vandaag dal tarief (T1)'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_export_t1_dagelijks')|float * states('input_number.t1_energy_cost')|float)|round(2) }}"

sensors:
      energy_export_total_dagelijks_eur:
        friendly_name: 'Opbrengsten export vandaag dal + normaal'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_export_t2_dagelijks_eur')|float + states('sensor.energy_export_t1_dagelijks_eur')|float)|round(2) }}"

sensors:
      energy_export_total_dagelijks_kwh:
        friendly_name: 'kWh export vandaag dal + normaal'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_export_t2_dagelijks_eur')|float + states('sensor.energy_export_t1_dagelijks_eur')|float)|round(2) }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "kWh"

#import electra 
    sensors:
      energy_import_t2_dagelijks_eur:
        friendly_name: 'Kosten import vandaag nomaal tarief (T2)'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_import_t2_dagelijks')|float * states('input_number.t2_energy_cost')|float)|round(2) }}"

sensors:
      energy_import_t1_dagelijks_eur:
        friendly_name: 'Kosten import vandaag dal tarief (T1)'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_import_t1_dagelijks')|float * states('input_number.t1_energy_cost')|float)|round(2) }}"

sensors:
      energy_import_total_dagelijks_eur:
        friendly_name: 'Kosten import vandaag dal + normaal'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_import_t2_dagelijks_eur')|float + states('sensor.energy_import_t1_dagelijks_eur')|float)|round(2) }}"

sensors:
      energy_import_total_dagelijks_kwh:
        friendly_name: 'kWh import vandaag dal + normaal'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_import_t1_dagelijks')|float + states('sensor.energy_import_t2_dagelijks')|float)|round(2) }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "kWh"

#Netto electra (kosten - opbrengsten) Bij teruggave zal er '-' zichtbaar zijn
    sensors:
      energy_total_dagelijks_eur:
        friendly_name: 'Kosten vandaag electra'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_import_total_dagelijks_eur')|float - states('sensor.energy_export_total_dagelijks_eur')|float)|round(2) }}"

#import gas
    sensors:
      energy_gass_eur:
        friendly_name: 'Kosten vandaag gas'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_gas_dagelijks')|float * states('input_number.gas_energy_cost')|float)|round(2) }}"

#Totale netto kosten (Gas + electra)
    sensors:
      energy_gas_en_elektriciteit_eur:
        friendly_name: 'Totale netto kosten energie'
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.energy_gass_eur')|float + states('sensor.energy_total_dagelijks_eur')|float)|round(2) }}"

input_number:
    t2_energy_cost:
      name: Stroom import nomaal
      mode: box
      min: 0
      max: 100
      unit_of_measurement: "€/kWh"
      icon: mdi:currency-eur

t1_energy_cost:
      name: Stroom import dal
      unit_of_measurement: "€/kWh"

gas_energy_cost:
      name: Gas
      unit_of_measurement: "€/m3"

utility_meter:
  energy_import_t2_dagelijks:
    source: sensor.p1_meter_total_power_import_t2_kwh
    cycle: daily

energy_import_t1_dagelijks:
    source: sensor.p1_meter_total_power_import_t1_kwh

energy_export_t2_dagelijks:
    source: sensor.p1_meter_total_power_export_t2_kwh

energy_export_t1_dagelijks:
    source: sensor.p1_meter_total_power_export_t1_kwh

energy_gas_dagelijks:
    source: sensor.p1_meter_total_gas_m3
5 Likes

Have you tried to use the ‘utiility meter’?
https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/utility_meter/

Hi, thanks for the info.

I tried both the above and the utility meter. the sensor wont display any information.
It stays at 0. For the eletricity it works on all levels.

i have no idea what i could be doing wrong. i’ll try it again tomorrow.
Thanks!

You need to input your tariffs, I think - that’s what the Tarieven card on that Dashboard of @MRO can be used for…

Also - it may take up to a day before the daily use of gas is shown?

What did you use to create that Dashboard? I can’t see how to get that neat arrangement of cards…

I used the card ´Vertical stack´. Its a standard card you can choose while adding a new card.