Widget Service Call Help

I tried setting up a service call with media_player.play_media. If I define the media_content_id and media_content_type as added fields, the widget gives me an error. I deleted the widget before realizing I could expand it to read the error, but I can re-create the widget if that would help.

If I define media_content_id but not media_content_type or if I only define the service and entity_id, the results are the same:

Logger: pychromecast.controllers
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pychromecast/controllers/media.py:358
First occurred: 9:41:53 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:48:24 AM

PLAY command requested but no session is active.

It seems like maybe the widgets are intended for simple toggles and not service calls requiring additional data, but I’m having trouble finding documentation for the widgets. When I searched the official documentation, I got one result for iOS Remote widget for playing TV media; nothing about Android widgets.

try posting a screenshot of how you configured the widget so we can see what you did. You can also look at the device logs to see what the actual service data looks like: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/troubleshooting/faqs/#android-crash-logs

Well, after clearing the cache and rebooting my phone as part of troubleshooting the other issue you’ve been helping me with, the widget populated with the media_content_id and media_content_type fields already there where I had to manually add them previously. I filled out the data same as before, and this time the widget works flawlessly.

Hello,
I try to set these parameters (which work in an automation) but not working on the android widget. My settings:

What might I be missing?

reproduce the issue then check Settings > Companion App > Show and share logs to see the failure. You can also check HA core logs to see if there is an error there too.