Widgets disappeared after update to 3.0.0

After the last automatic update of the app (through G Play), all my button widgets have gone. Any one else? Or it is just the karma punishing me?

So we are currently waiting to publish a blog post but this is unfortunately part of our breaking changes, widgets will need to be recreated for any that are missing.

It is fine, i am sure it is for good. I spect big changes on widgets in the future, like the possibility to edit them or create directly from the configuration -> entities.

So I can spend some time setting them again, not big deal. Thanks for the info anyway.

editing widgets is doable in this release!!! Creating a widget on android can only happen from teh home screen though we cant change that…its an android thing

the blog post is now live too detailing all of the changes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Creating a widget on android can only happen from teh home screen though we cant change that…its an android thing

Mmmm… Not so sure of that. I have been googling and it seems that there is something…

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/appwidget/AppWidgetManager#requestPinAppWidget(android.content.ComponentName,%20android.os.Bundle,%20android.app.PendingIntent)

So for me currently Home Assistant is not showing up as an option when I go to create an Android widget. So I currently cannot recreate my widgets. I’m not sure if it’s something I’m doing wrong or broken with the update.

what device is this? are you using a custom launcher? There are no known issues like this.