Wifi as primary network

Hi all,
I have a networking issue with HASSio 5.9. I managed to set it up on a RPi4 and even download add-ons on a wifi network which is connected to the internet (router A). However I’d like to have an other network for my smart home devices (router B) without internet, to wich I’d like to connect via ethernet. When the ethernet is not plugged in, everyting works fine, and hassio ha network info says the wlan0 is my primary.
Ot he other hand, when ethernet is plugged in (router B), that one becomes the primary network, and I couldn’t find a way to change that (nor in HASS cli not in the UI). A similar question has been raised here: Bridge network connections but remained unanswered.

I even tried importing netwrok settings from USB (with succes according to both cli and ui) where I specified nmcli-style never-default: true, but that didn’t helped either.

Is it achievable with HASSio, or should I try a docker-based solution where I can manage the host’s network?

May not be the answer you are looking for but what I ended up doing was allowing my HA device access to the necessary IP & ports (on other vlans) via firewall rules in pfsense. Kept the pin-holes small. I’ve since transitioned to a ProxMox installation doing the same thing.

+1

I have the exact same issue. My Internet connection is done through WiFi, while I want to use Ethernet for internal network. However as soon as I enable Ethernet in supervisor configuration ability for Home Assistant apps to reach out to the world goes away.

I can still access my HA interface locally through WiFi connection, but no updates are possible. I can’t install any add-ons. I have to disable Ethernet before doing any maintainance. It is really frustrating experience.