Wifi & Ethernet connections

Hello all !
I just installed from scratch (SD image) the last version of HASS OS (2024.5) on a raspberry 3
I used ethernet for the installation and first usage and then from frontend I configured Wifi connection, both connections are enabled, but if I unplug ethernet cable, or disable ethernet interface, event if my wifi is well enabled and connected I cannot connect to HA frontend anymore.
What is strange is when I have only wifi enabled , I can connect only from a screen pluged on my raspberry and a ping on google from the terminal works fine.
So my HA box seems to access correctly to internet but my local network doesn’t access t my HAS box (except if my ethernet interface is active and enabled)…
Could you help me ?
Nicolas

A lot of wifi routers prevent client to client communication.

Did you try by IP address, or only through “homeassistant.local”?

Hello,
Finally I solved the issue, you have to know that if you want to change the network settings you have to do it through a USB stick as explained here:
https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/blob/2c725d90f6857a183c5257ab7ffc7bc742d7027e/Documentation/network.md
Even it seems you can change it through the HASS frontend it is not suffisent, the Wifi configured in the frontend is not set as “primary”

Nicolas

Can you explain further? I can’t find anything in your reference that discusses “primary”.