Wifi Night Light with Motion - Globe 50239 - WB3S - LocalTuya / OpenBeken / LibreTuya / ESPHome

It might take some repeated attempts
Power cycle by reconnecting the 3.3v pin or just CEN to gnd briefly.

Did you set yours up out of the box first? I pretty much took mine out and popped it open. When I apply power the leds start to blink and i can see the wifi hotspot for initial setup. I dont think that it would be preventing flash but just a thought.

As for flashing though when I jumper over to GND I see the leds go out and come back on when GND is removed. The resetting seems to work but I tried it a various times and never could get the RX light on the UART to start. All I get is a blinking TX until it times out. I also tried the 3.3v reconnection but it would stop the upload everytime. I was using a USB extention to my UART and may give it a shot without it to see if it works directly into the PC.

Try switching to the python tool, i tried using the new windows tool for openbk but i keep getting errors.

Might consider trying cloudcutter tool for ota flashing

Sorry for my ignorance, but I thought I was using the python tool for the ESPHome solution, Libretuya. Isn’t openbk different from ESPHome? I thought that wasnt needed if I was going to go the ESPHome route so thats all I have tried since I am the most familiar with that setup and yaml.

Anyway gave it another shot after setting up the device and I think you are right with it being the program. When I believe I finally get a good connection it hangs and is unresponsive until I put the plug. Not sure what else I would need to do but may try a fresh install of all libretuya.

I’ve always used python uart tool from the start
The only time it doesn’t work is when something else on the pcb is connected tx rx pins which require desoldering the chip.

I highly recommend tuya-cloudcutter, I’ve rarely used serial flashing method now since more firmware profiles are added. Useful especially with bulbs

The usage of ltchiptool appears to have changed. I was alble to OTA flash OpenBeken onto a LibreTiny-ESPHome device after converting the image with ltchiptool v4.0.1:

python3 -m ltchiptool uf2 write -b generic-bk7231t-qfn32-tuya -o OpenBK7231T_1.17.105.uf2 'OpenBK7231T_1.17.105.rbl=device:download'
1 Like

Thanks so much for the write up! I’d love to know if anyone sells these pre-flashed? They’re such good lights…