Wifi thermostat (Beok, Floureon, Beca Energy) component

Did you manage to make it work? it happens to me the same

No
 the issue is still remaining
 i cannot get the readings on my home assistant

So i set this up with a no name ebay item, and got the following error.

2018-11-09 22:07:05 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for climate.broadlink which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2018-11-09 22:07:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Error while setting up platform broadlink
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 128, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/james/.homeassistant/custom_components/climate/broadlink.py", line 144, in setup_platform
    STATE_AUTO
  File "/home/james/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/BroadlinkWifiThermostat/__init__.py", line 20, in __init__
    self.mac = bytes.fromhex(''.join(reversed(mac.split(':'))))
ValueError: non-hexadecimal number found in fromhex() arg at position 2

I had to remove the double speech marks and it worked fine.

- platform: broadlink
  name: Thermostat
  mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
  host: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Hi, is there a way to start this component, so that outside temp sensor is active with automatic profile? If I enter to the platform config " sensor_mode: “1” ". Component starts with outside sensor but in manual mode, and then if I switch from UI to automatic mode, the temp sensor is switched to inside sensor also.

I don’t have a model with outside temp sensor, so my answer may not be what you expect.
When I start HA, and the thermostat was working, HA will soon read its status (on/auto/heat). HA won’t set anything, unless an automation does fire, or you change something in the frontend.

So when Ha starts, if you want to force the thermostat to an operating mode, you’ll have to add an automation at startup, with the trigger :

trigger:
    platform: homeassistant
    event: start

Hello
I’m wery new in the home assistant and I’m don’t know how to implement this thermostat. Can some one please write step by step instruction for this.
Thanks in advance

I hope I won’t forget anything

First step is to connect the thermostat to your network. Depending on your infrastructure, needs firewall configuration or not ? If so, you have to allow UDP/80 between the thermostat and your HA box.

You’ll need the Beok application on an android device, WiFi connected to the network you want to install the thermostat. Proceed as told by the app, and you should have the thermostat getting an IP address ?
Are you there ? If so, you should be able to control the thermostat from the app, and the app should reflect any modification made on the thermostat.
You should also see the mac address of the thermostat ? Note this, we’ll need it.

Now, throw away this app, forget about the thermostat, everything works in HA :

• locate your custom_component folder. It’s in the install directory. Create a climate subfolder and put the broadlink.py file in it. Ensure that your homeassistant user has rights to all of this.
  • in the configuration.yaml, add those lines :
climate:
  - platform: broadlink
    name: Thermostat
    mac: "AA:BB:CC...."
    host: 192.168.X.X

See above for quotation marks if needed or not.

• restart, you’ll see a climate.thermostat object in HA, you can add it to a group like any component
  • profit !

Thanks for the help
I did that but I only get 0˙C temperature and I cant do nothing.
I have the Floureon thermostat like this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FLOUREON-WIFI-Thermostat-Touchscreen-Raum-Fusbodenheizung-Google-Programmierbar/173604113702?epid=12025789822&hash=item286b9c8d26:g:lCwAAOSwi5hbzw9g:rk:16:pf:0

Did I need to do something else

Maybe it’s not exactly the same model. Mine is different from the originally shown there because it’s not for electric but gas, but it looks the same, with buttons and no touch screen.
I don’t know how to check that there’s the broadlink wifi inside ?

I think you can use the MAC address to determine if its a broadcom/broadlink based one.

@uls169: this device is not a broadlink device, so this component will not work. I made a portscan and found port 6668 open which may point to a tuya cloud based design, maybe try the tuya component:

You are right. Thank you for kicking me. Thermostat paired with Tuya app well (it is similar to Beok app). Home Assistant component loaded, thermostat in climate found. Unfortunately, it is not working well - I can set it on/off and I can set target temperature in whole degrees but temperature reading is strange (doesn’t respond to any temperature). It is step forward but through the time I am beginning to think that I don’t like this thermostat.

Hi
I , just began learn HomeAssistant. And I install it on netbook, linux mint.
I have thermostat BEOK TGT70WIFI and I added it in HI. But in my device has two temperature sensor, internal and external, for warm floor or control the temperature of the heat carrier. And external temperature not displayed.
The device has a setting “choose sensor type”, I need internal`s control and external limit, but setting are reset “only internal”, after work HA with device.
What can be done here?

I’m getting this error: “ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘BroadlinkWifiThermostat’”

Error while setting up platform broadlink
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 128, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/climate/broadlink.py”, line 132, in setup_platform
import BroadlinkWifiThermostat
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘BroadlinkWifiThermostat’

any idea?

nevermind. deleting the __pycache__ folder fixed it
 works great! thanks @clementTal! why is not yet an official component?

The conf can be set on “advance_config” parameter. If you do not set it, default value will be applied.

I’m currently working on it, I’ll submit a new pull request within the week :slight_smile:

That how the component work. I’m currently working on it, I’ll take care of your need :wink:

1 Like

It should work with all broadlink, but not all BECA thermostats are broadlink.
I’ll try to create a script that show if a thermostat will work with it or not.

Work is in progress, I’ll make a new release within the week !