Wifi thermostat (Beok, Floureon, Beca Energy) component

Yes it is, juste enable it using this doc: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant.io/blob/ecef76d955e4aeb52e87ed8e16623f4ae48ffe8b/source/_components/climate.broadlink.markdown

Hi
I changed configuration.yaml, according recommendation:

climate:
- platform: broadlink
friendly_name: Thermostat
mac: "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"
host: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
external_temp: False
away_temp: 12.0

But nothing changed. HA indicate only single sensor. I tried " external_temp" change on " True". But everything was the same. HA errors did not show.
And I did not understand how use “Component services”. There only titles for this.

Hello by any chance did you make this component work with your thermostat.

i bought one exactly the same

appreciate your assitance

thanks
Jurgen

Unfortunately, I did not make it, I bought a new one that lookslike as Beok 313, but there is not any company logo on it, and this one is working, and it’s cheaper then the Floureon. But there is no Humidity mesauring.

climate.turn_on seems to be not yet implemented:

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 224, in _handle_service_platform_call
    await getattr(entity, func)(**data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 504, in turn_off
    raise NotImplementedError()
NotImplementedError

is this expected?

Hi again!
I’m trying to call the climate.broadlink_set_advanced_conf service from the dev service tool but it always gives an error calling service on the bottom left part of the browser. Nothing in the logs.
This is the json i’m using:
{
“loop_mode”: 0, “osv”: 42, “dif”: 2, “svh”: 30, “svl”: 10, “freeze”: 1, “adj”: 1.0, “pon”: 1,“sen”: 0
}
I’ve also tried adding “entity_id” with the same result. Same when trying to use climate.broadlink_set_schedule service.

Any hint on what I’m doing wrong?

I use it , and work fine for my BEOK-313 but i have a problem with action set_operation_mode when i want to set off with a switch, my code is:

• platform: template
    switches:
    calefaccion:
    friendly_name: “Calefaccion”
    value_template: >-
    {% if is_state_attr(‘climate.temperatura’, ‘operation_mode’, ‘off’) %}
    off
    {% else %}
    on
    {% endif %}
    turn_on:
    service: climate.set_operation_mode
    data:
    entity_id: climate.temperatura
    operation_mode: auto
    turn_off:
    service: climate.set_operation_mode
    data:
    operation_mode: off

Work fine when i use set_operation_mode off in climate card , combo option and work fine for me when i change operation_mode to auto or heat, but turn off fail.

Can you help me??

Thnks and sorry for my english

hi.
nice work on the component.
i have it set up.
it finds my thermostat which is great.
i can control it by setting various modes and setting the temperature.
however i have one issue in that it seems whenever i restart home assistant, or whenever i set the mode to something else - the ïdle" temperature gets set to 15 degrees… which seems to be the temperature to which we want to sett the room to.
is anyone else having this issue or si there some kind of hack or trick i can do.

Try this:

data:
operation_mode: 'off'

that just sets the mode to off though…
but i think i found out the issue…
in auto mode - the temperature is taken from the stored value in the thermostat for that time period… so if that time period (say beteween 13 and 1730) is set for 15 degrees… then it will set to 15 degrees.

I see, sorry, I misunderstood the issue. I thought the off command was failing and that’s why I suggested to delimit it with single-quotes like this 'off' (so it is clearly understood to be a string and not, possible, a constant).

Glad to hear you have found the cause of the problem.

Work fine! thnks a lot!

I, thanks for your sharing, one question; why when i write in my config.yaml

climate:

• platform: broadlink
    name: Thermostat
    mac: “xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx”
    host: “192.168.178.xxx”

it returns me error:

Platform not found: climate.wifi_thermostat

I think the * .py file folder is in the right place

Hello @Nicolo_Ayroldi,

The file should be placed under config/custom_components/climate :wink:

ClĂŠment

I can not find the config folder. I created it. This is how my / homeassistant looks like this:

However, the error message continues:
platform not found

Hello, the component works very nice I have 3 pieces thermostats beok but there is a small problem like reboot hassio sometimes disappear individual thermostats randomly and in order that everything works well I have to do reboot hassio several times to make all the thermostats visible :slight_smile:

Confing is your configuration folder, the one which is mounted on your mac.
Just move custom_components (and everything on it) on your root directory, and it should work.

I solved. The same configuration work in Hassio on Raspberry and don’t work on Home Assistant installed on my pc OSX. Have you any idea?

Which port to open on the router and with which protocol to reach a beok in remote control?

I have the port 80 UDP open FROM HA server, to the devices, for broadlink devices (named the service “RM-Pro” in my firewall). Should be it.
I don’t think the thermostat sends anything to the server or a broadcast,the component polls only.