Wifi thermostat (Beok, Floureon, Beca Energy) component

I would like to explain myself better. I installed a beok in a room (A) away from my home (B) where I installed the server. In (A) I would like to avoid a VPN and do a port forwording so as to write in Homeassistant which is in (B) configuration yaml

climate:

• platform: broadlink
    name: House
    host: http://your_domain:port
    #host: 192.168.178.76
    mac: xx:xx:xx:xx…

Ah ok, it’s over internet.
Pure technical answer :
You should have something like
host: <public ip address>
or a dns entry for this access.
Then in your router, you’ll have to forward any UDP port 80 request to the private IP address of the thermostat.

And now some warning about that : You shouldn’t !! Because there is no password and a very basic encryption, there is no security.
Site to site VPN seems the most cautious way to go.

Just wanted to say thanks for an awsome component. I have 4 of these thermostats, each controlling an UFH zone - the app isn’t the best piece of programming I’ve come across.

Is there any plan to include the facility for programming in the scheduling? I’d love to be able to group the 4 thermostats and programme them all the same - and then make alterations wherever I need to on an individual basis?

I hope you manage to find the time to get this compnonent fully integrated with home assistant, where it rightly deserves to be!

Thank for the compliments, I hope I’ll find time too :slight_smile:

You alrady can program scheduling (standalone one) using climate.broadlink_set_schedule service (see the doc: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant.io/blob/ecef76d955e4aeb52e87ed8e16623f4ae48ffe8b/source/_components/climate.broadlink.markdown).
Let me know if it does not work, this feature is not fully tested :confused:

I see the PR has been closed, does it mean the component is now officially included?

Since latest update the custom component gives:

Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change climate/broadlink.py to broadlink/climate.py. This will stop working soon.

and sometimes one of my two thermostats is not recognized at hass.io boot (randomly).

The component is working well otherwise, thanks for putting it together

Hey,

I’m tryint to set advanced config, but unfortunaly without success. I think in broadlink.py 159 line SET_SCHEDULE_SCHEMA should be replaced with SET_ADVANCED_CONF_SCHEMA?

Also, is it possible to set Time and Child Lock?

@clementTal This is not working with the new 0.89 release

I moved to the new format of custom_comonenetns/broadlink/climate.py

however I got this error

2019-03-07 07:41:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.broadlink.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rob/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 166, in _load_file
    module = importlib.import_module(path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 994, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 971, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 955, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 665, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 678, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/home/rob/.homeassistant/custom_components/broadlink/climate.py", line 11, in <module>
    from homeassistant.components.climate import (
ImportError: cannot import name 'SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE'

I saw the release notes and thought “Ooo, i think the custom heating thing is gonna break”
From what i can gather from a quick read, you have to move all the dependent bits in side that folder too ?

The latest version of HA is breaking your extremely useful component. Would you be able to take a look at a possible fix?

2 Likes

It spectacularly broke this morning - I upgraded during its scheduled heat of the underfloor heating which left it on for another 2 hours more than it should - Could hardly walk on the bathroom floor :rofl:

change:

from homeassistant.components.climate import (
STATE_AUTO, ClimateDevice,
SUPPORT_OPERATION_MODE,
SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE, PLATFORM_SCHEMA, STATE_MANUAL, STATE_IDLE)

to:

from homeassistant.components.climate import ClimateDevice, PLATFORM_SCHEMA
from homeassistant.components.climate.const import (
STATE_AUTO, SUPPORT_OPERATION_MODE,
SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE, STATE_MANUAL, STATE_IDLE)

d’oh clipboard was still the old error

sorry, i’m using a slighly modded version of this

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clementTal/home-assistant/add_broadlink_climate/homeassistant/components/climate/broadlink.py

1 Like

Im using the same version

Hmmmm I’ll have to retest, as the deleted comments were me trying it, and then realising that my original config was different !

I really want to help but I just don’t really understand it

im getting

2019-03-08 18:42:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component broadlink_t
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/rob/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 154, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
AttributeError: module ‘custom_components.broadlink_t’ has no attribute ‘setup’

I just wanted to say, that it works great. In fact, I was inspired to combine your broadlink component and “Smart Thermostat” component. Currently my “creature” is being tested, but so far it seems that it works great. If anyone is interested in testing Broadlink PID thermostat component, let me know.

url to try it?

Here you go.

A full functions Hysen Thermostat.