Wifi thermostat (Beok, Floureon, Beca Energy) component

@uss Are you about to help get a Boek thermostat working? original working code prior to 0.89 was

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clementTal/home-assistant/add_broadlink_climate/homeassistant/components/climate/broadlink.py

I guess we need to do similar to you have with your Hysen in that it needs a climate.py file

let me check

I see, clementTal uses the original broadlink hysen.
did you upgrade to 0.89.x?
If yes, my code should work for your device.

1 Like

You are a star ! how do I buy you a beer?

Thanks !!

:smile:
Drink one for me !

Cheers,
us

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m very busy at th moment, but I’ll have a look as soon as posible (probably tomorow)

1 Like

Take your time mate :+1:

The PR have been closed due to inactivity :confused:
I’ll find some time this week to correct the upgrade bug, improve the component and reopen the MR :wink:

2 Likes

Would be amazing if this became part of HA rather than a custom component

2 Likes

That would be amazing. Thank you so much!

The new PR is open !
Home Assistant file configuration have changed , and you’ll have to change the path to
custom_components/broadlink/ with the content of this directoy

Be carefull, if you use another broadlink component (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/#search/broadlink), you’ll have to copy this file to the custom_components/broadlink/ too.

2 Likes

Works a treat ! thanks Clement - your a star! what’s the link to the PR ?

thanks. but now i have problem

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find platform broadlink. Search path was limited to path of component: custom_components

what im missing?

Thanks !
Here is the PR:https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/21962 :wink:

1 Like

Have you change the directory names and add climate.py and init.py ?

Nice ! Now I can start to think to begin looking at upgrading :wink:
This new version is only for .88 and above ?
What about the other files to copy if you have other broadlink components ? I have several, even other custom components. As I understand the new logic, I should put ALL broadlink components in that folder (media_player, SC1/MP1 switch, climate, RMPro
) ?

I’m having a little trouble.

I can work around the issue with automations, but whenever I change the selection from auto to manual the thermostat reverts to displaying temp from the internal temp sensor.

My unit is in the bedroom controlling the underfloor heating in the ensuite. So if the thermostat reverts to it’s auto schedule it tries to heat the floor to the required temp. 25
 However because it’s now using the internal sensor it doesn’t shut down the heat.

Switching the stat at the unit maintains the sensor selection, only when changing it through homeassistant does it revert to (SEN=0) although home assistant still displays the external probe temp.

I have set external temp = true within configuration.yaml

Any ideas on how to get it to revert to it’s previous config after a call between manual and auto?

Thanks

I’m trying to move a no brand thermostat from one Wi-Fi without a password to another Wi-Fi with a password in order to integrate it into Home Assistant. The thermostat looks identical to Beok TGT70

After following the procedure to reset it, however, it does not connect to the new password-protected network.

Does anyone have an insight whether these thermostats support password-protected WiFis?
If anyone has moved them from one WiFi to another can you share how you did it?

As far as I know, you need to do a reset to factory conditions by choosing the FAC to 0.
Then when you do FAC =32 it looks again for the WiFi as it would be the first time, WiFi SSID/password phone WiFi lookup, etc.
Cheers,
us

I get that far. But how do I submit the new Wi-Fi’s name and password to the thermostat? I don’t see the thermostat creating a WiFi network to connect to and submit the new WiFi name and password