Wifi Wall Switch WITHOUT TOUCH (1,2 or 3 Gang)

The one i share dont work for EU?

Finally, they look like EU ones. They also name tuya app which makes the possibility quite high that a esp8266 is inside. Just the price is a bit high… but I need to tell I’m tempted…

The other possibility way to go nowaday is to keep the old/normal/present switches and just add a shelly or any other brand with a switch input behind the wall mounted switch.

But for new installations integrated is always good!

If someone could share findings with the device @tyjtyj linked - would be great!

I searched hard the other day and came to the conclusion that zemismart does not have physical wall mounted switches with eu type. Please proof me wrong with a link :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This page say it can be flash to tasmota via tuya convert

Hope that give you some confident.

1 Like

I think you are right, sorry for the noise.

Do you know (or someone else) by accident how this device looks from the inside? A the important pins available to flash custom firmware (as the bug tuya convert uses is fixed nowadays more and more… even with ota!)

Picture would be also fine for sure :wink:

EDIT - sorry, just realised that you were asking about another switch. Ignore this post

Yes, I posted some pics more than a year ago, when I installed a few of these. They are still working well.

PS I flashed mine using SonOTA

@PianSom - Can you provide a link for the flash method you used? I just got a three gang version of the Zemismart and can’t discover the device when going thru the OTA flash process. I was following the Tuya convert process with no success.

What’s wrong with touch?

@scp028

I’ll be interested to hear if this works on your hardware

@PianSom - TY, going to try it tonight. Do you have a link to a tutorial on the soldering option if OTA doesn’t work by any chance :slight_smile:

@scp028 - well, I guess that rather depends on the hardware you are using!

FWIW I have found that I can usually get away without soldering just by holding pins in place for the short period that the first flash takes. Helps to have a friend handy to push keyboard buttons

Touch is not intuitive or blind usable. It lacks basic physical feedback and it’s a productivity killer. In my studies you will need an average of minimum double the time doing something with touch wall switch than you will need with a ordinary latching or non latching wall switch with haptic feedback.

So in general it’s just the opposite of smart. :rewind:

1 Like

Not to be insensitive, but why would a blind person need a light switch?
I can see why it would slow one down because, for example on one of my touch switches, I hesitate to determine if the switch did what I want. With a tactile switch I don’t have to slow down as I exit a room to know that I toggled the switch. But you gave me an idea. Since I made the switch using an ESP8266-01, I have one more GPIO that could go to a haptic buzzer, like in the cell phone.

Maybe it is a fan switch, or a heater switch, or a waste disposal switch.

So I bought some DS102 switches (no touch, with physical buttons, EU) that @tyjtyj already mentioned above. Unfortunately, tuya-convert appears not to work, so I will have to try and flash them the old-fashioned-way. Here are some pictures:

As you can see, there is a small board on top with the ESP8266 (TYWE3S) on it. GND and 3.3V are easily accessible from the socket on the bottom. TX and RX are on the bottom-right of the chip on the pic above. No sockets, but should be easy enough to wire.

I will report back on my success (hopefully) when I find the time.

5 Likes

Tight! Thank’s a lot for sharing your findings! :+1:

Please provide more pictures when/while you flashed it! :hugs:

No surprises when flashing. Because I have no idea how to safely solder stuff directly on the chip, I just attached the 3V/GND on the back and held the TX/RX in place using my fingers. Worked without problems:

Here is another guide to flashing these, if you want to see more pictures: https://www.hackster.io/michael_zanetti/smartlife-tuya-wifi-light-switch-with-tasmota-and-nymea-09a7a6

Any finally, this is my esphome config for the 1-gang version: https://gist.github.com/tribut/24da88affbf0d57a6ad143edcf6b53d0

Have fun!

5 Likes

Smart solder free flashing! :partying_face: How did you enter the flash mode of the esp chip - by accident using the button in the middle?

1 Like

Ah sorry - I forgot. No, the button is connected to GPIO3. You have to connect GPIO0 manually to ground while plugging in (it’s the fifth pin from the right on the same side as RX/TX - for images see Sonoff Wiki or Hackster.io).

I used the same method: Just hold a jumper wire in place. You don’t need to keep it there, a few seconds during startup is enough.

1 Like