Wifi Wall Switch WITHOUT TOUCH (1,2 or 3 Gang)

It is probably difficult to tell until you open it up :slight_smile:

A few days ago I noticed the same thing on one of my 3-gang-switches. The left LED appears not to work anymore. However, at one point it did turn on again only to have turned off by the time I got back into the room :man_shrugging:
Don’t think it’s worth the time trying to desolder and replace the LED.

Okay, I opened it and added a bit more solder to the pads and it works again :slight_smile:

…but it didn’t work very long :frowning:

2 Likes

THE LERLINK POWER SUPPLY UNIT FOR THE NO NEUTRAL SWITCHES IS POTENTIALLY A FIRE HAZARD AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. IF YOU HAVE ONE, I RECOMMEND REPLACING IT ASAP.

“Lohonso” No neutral wifi switches are really dangerous!

Any of those models marked " `X803A" or similar (these are manufactured by Lerlink) have ZERO protection against shorts, not even a fuse.

There’s a load of issues around the triac control that could cause full rectified mains to be passed up through the low voltage to the front PCB and there’s nothing to fuse it, so it will run until something burns up.

On top of that, I just had one fail here where the power management IC shorted and provided a path for the mains through itself and to the light. I smelled the burning and hit the breaker before anything got too bad, but even when I had the cover off to see what happened, the IC was still roasting and had started to melt. No idea how bad that could have got if I wasn’t here to smell it.

That switch had only around 8 hours use.

I had planned on doing a full dissection on these, but after finding all these faults, I just wanted to get a message up here ASAP for anyone that’s using them. I notice the listing that’s on here for Aliexpress has been taken down (looks like bad reviews started to roll in), but the seller has just opened up a new listing selling them.

Let me repeat:

THE LERLINK* POWER SUPPLY UNIT FOR THE NO NEUTRAL SWITCHES IS POTENTIALLY A FIRE HAZARD AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. IF YOU HAVE ONE, I RECOMMEND REPLACING IT ASAP.

*I’ve only checked the X803A variant, but I’d imagine the 2 gang and 1 gang no neutral use the same power supply.

4 Likes

Because many people in the thread are using the DS-102 smart light switches I just wanna say, that I created an addon case for a PIR motion sensor.

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/59905-light-switch-addon-case-for-pir-motion-sensor

I have a DS-102 3-gang and soldered a Grove Adjustable PIR to GPIO2. I routed the wires through the mounting holes behind the back plate with the help of a small spacer and then to the PIR case itself.

4 Likes

Thanks, been looking for another 4 gang non touch switch.
Do you think they’re still selling this with the twe3s chip?
Also, any reason why neutral is required as compared to the 1-3 gang version?

@JamesBaker what about the 4 gang variant with neutral? same hazard?

Everyone be aware :loudspeaker:

The good old DS102 switches are now selling with a different chip (WB3S) which is not a esp82xx or esp32 but a different one nobody wants :warning:

:face_vomiting:

Answering the original question, Athom makes 1,2 and 3-gang toggle switches with ESPHome already installed.