Windows automation to recover HA error

Hi all. Not quite sure if this is the correct place for this issue, I’ll give it a go.

I’m running HA on a Windows machine using Oracle. Every so often HA ‘crashes’ throwing up an error which doesn’t make too much sense to me. It’s been doing it for a while, no pattern to the errors though (so difficult to isolate) and despite different builds of HA and reinstalls or Oracle - I assume there’s something on the save file causing it therefore, but I don’t want to start from scratch. Other than this, everything else seems to be working fine, so I wonder if there is a way to have a program/executable file of some description, monitoring the VM to see if it goes down and if it does, exit it and reload it. I’ve already added the VM to my startup list so if my PC restarts the HA will automatically load, I just cannot see a way to make the other process work. Any ideas?

I donot know the windows setup of HA and not sure what error and where/how you can read this but there is an option to use the windows task-scheduler which can trigger on event, e.g. based on log entry. If HA is run as a service than you could modify the services?

This seems to be more a question about Oracle (I assume you mean Virtual Box).

Yes, sorry, virtual box.

That seems to have brought the conversation to a halt.

So is it just ha crashing within the vb vm, or the whole vm that crashes?

The whole VM I believe, as it’s an error code from virtual box that comes up in Windows. Hence why I’m looking for something in Windows to do the automation.

It’s annoying because I use the HA to control a number of devices including my driveway gates, so recently I’ve been shut out and have had to come into the house to restart the VM so I can open my gates (or get the manual remote).

When ha stops, can you ping the virtualbox vm?

No, the whole thing stops responding

I’ll try and do a screenshot of the error next time it happens, but there’s nothing you can do in the VM