Windows Rest API

Since this program isn’t really directly integrated as a component in HA at this moment. I thought I’d place it here instead of Development. Hope that’s right.

I’ve developed a Windows program which let’s you control certain functions in Windows with rest api by accessing the endpoints.

It’s still very early days but it seems to run fine on my Windows 10 machine and the automations I’ve made are running fine. :slight_smile:

Available functions at this time.

• Switch primary display.
  • Switch sound output device
  • Add and launch programs.

Source and installer can be found here.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds awesome, still haven’t had the time for stuff like this (iot link is also on my to do list as well as another component specifically for windows). Whenever I have time I will try this!

In any case, great work!

This is cool! Is there a way to get a list of running programs on the Windows machine? I need HA to pause my downloads while playing a game, for example :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there a way to turn the windows machine off?

Would it be possible to get the name of the current / active window?

At the moment no… I’ve been thinking of implementing it though. A simple running processes list.

Yes, check github page for an example of how this can be done.

Probably. Haven’t looked into it though :slight_smile:

Do you have possibility to check?

I’ve updated the program with 2 new features.

• Get the current active displayed window.
  • Send a simple message.

Check it out.

I’ve added your requested feature. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much! :grinning:

The API is working great.
In order to get access from another device in my local network I needed to add the port to the windows firewall for incoming requests.