Windows Screen Saver

I created a simple windows screen saver with a blank black screen.
The screen saver itself is simple, and the key integration component is that when the screen saver is activated, it makes an API call to home assistant
/API/states/binary_sensor.homer_in_use setting the value to false.
Then, I have an automation that watches for that value, and turns the office lights off when it changes.
I’ll never leave my office lights on again.

alias: Turn Off Office Lights
  trigger: 
    platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.homer_in_use
    state: 'false'
  action:    
    - service: homeassistant.turn_off
      entity_id: switch.office1
    - service: homeassistant.turn_off
      entity_id: switch.office2
4 Likes

I would be interested in the screen saver.

Wow, if sensors could be added from an .ini file, I could see something like this being very popular. Imagine having a screen saver with some of your critical sensors stats on it. That would be really neat!

Nice work!

Interesting ! Where can I get this screensaver?

I did something like what your talking about. I had home assistant creating a text file on my pc that was read by voxcommando and rainmeter to give me a live desktop display. I basically created an interactive floorplan kinda like the one we can use within home assistant but instead directly on my desktop.

3 Likes

This is awesome. It deserves better audio though - impossible to hear you. :frowning:

@treno , that’s awesome. I was looking for something exactly like that. I am using a PC monitor foe a kiosk and I wanted to black it out and wake it up based on motion.
I am a bit green to HA to implement most of the solutions I’ve found so far. Is this something you plan to integrate into the platform?