Winix Purifier C545

I have a Winix C545 that I wish can be integrated into Home Assistant. I have flashed a couple devices with ESPHome and Tasmota so I thought maybe the C545 uses the same WiFi modules I took apart the housing so I can gain access to the PCB and here’s what I found:

The WiFi module that its using is WFM60-SFP201. Anyone know if we can somehow hack this and integrate it to Home Assistant

The ones labeled WIFI_TP are UART ports according to the data sheet

So I did make some progress on getting this up and running with Esphome without destroying native button functionality or the terrible application.

I used a 4-channel relay and a NodeMCU with some 30-gauge wire to control the Power, up/down, and Wifi buttons (size wire necessary to fit in the case) and then on the fan controller there is a PWM output and Plasma (on/off) - I read these into the Esphome so I can control the fan and know essentially what state it is in - Auto mode confuses it but otherwise it work 95% well

Certainly UART would be best - anyone make any progress on this?

Let me know if you would like my Esphome config or more details

1 Like

Do you have a write-up / photos / config somewhere we can reference to?

I know this is an older thread but I did just implement a component for the Winix C545 using UART.

Write up and example configuration is available here: GitHub - mill1000/esphome-winix-c545: A external component for controling a Winix C545 air purifier with ESPHome

1 Like