Wink Motion and Door sensor

I am very new to home assistant - I have a couple of old wink motion and door sensors and also purchase the Nortek usb connected to a raspberry pi4 4 . When I go on to add any sensor it does not find them - is there any step I am missing ? Any help will be highly appreciated .

Let’s start at the beginning, have you set up any Z-Wave integration and if so, which one? (Z-Wave, Z-Wave JS, Z-WaveJS to MQTT, something else?)
Where are you trying to start the (secure) inclusion, any feedback? Have the sensors been reset to factory default/excluded first? (Refer to the device’s manuals)

So for now I need to try do a factory reset on my motion , door/ window and siren . It still looks like it’s linked to my old wink hub. Is there any way reset this without having wink involved ?

My personal experience is; I don’t think so.
I had to fire up my old Wink Hub and remove my locks and sensors, and even bulbs from it before they would talk to anyone else.

My experience is different. In general you should have 2 ways to do so, without the original Wink.

1. Factory resetting a device. This depends on the device itself, and how the company implement the z-wave device in question. So consult the manuals or search internet - chances are you could put them back into factory default including deleting all network associations.
  2. You can use any z-wave controller and issue an “exclude” command. And any z-wave device close by would then be able to enter exclusion mode by pressing physical button(s) … some require single press while other 3 presses within a certain time frame - again depends on manufacturer… and then the device will leave whatever z-wave network it was part of.

Luckily I still have my old hub and emailed wink to delete the sensors off it, because whenever I try do it I get and error message about not having a subscription . I hope they get back to me soon - at this point all I can do is to keep my fingers crossed .

As @k8gg mentioned you do not need your wink hub or any response from
wink to remove the devices. Exclusion works from any controller… turn on exclusion mode and follow the steps for your specific devices for pairing/exclusion. There should be steps in their respective manuals… or via Google

How do I go about doing exclusion on homeassist Z-wave menu because I do not see one .Thanks

It depends. You will have to share more about how you setup your HA with zwave, and how your HA control zwave devices, and what you have tried so far.

I managed to go into my wink and took all the sensor off and for some reason was able to just add one siren and the rest will not add . when I do the Z-Wave configure device nothing shows up . Is there any other way of manually adding devices ?

Quick update : I managed to add all the sensors and trust me I tired some unconventional ways to get it to work so basically follow the steps for both for both the motion/door/window sensors.

1. One open a wink account and you get 2 weeks free trail for the subscription
  2. Reset Z-Wave under the Hubs -->Z -wave–>Reset Z-wave (I previously owned the device)
  3. To get the device to work with home assistant you have to put it in pairing mode and the way I got it to mode was try to re pairing it with wink again . It will fail and them it will give you the option to reset the device after a couple to try- Once you get to do the reset (motion sensor put the program pin on the back one second interval and you will see the led will start flashing ) Door/Window to get it in pairing mode you have to push the tamper switch 1 second interval and the led will start flashing too.
    4.Go to you home assistant and add node under Z-wave configure
    5 . Led will still be flashing at this point and push the Tamper switch(Door/Window) or push at 1 second interval the program(Motion sensor) same at 1 second interval
  4. You will see the Z-wave add after you push the bottoms

Hope this helps guys .

Now my next step is creating icons (like Door/window opened status) on the home page and configuring them so I can get notifications on my phone any help will be appreciated .Thanks

all I get after rebooting is 404: not found and how do I recover from this ? I do not remember my username and password