Wink/PubNub not updating

Do I need to put the entity_id: etc in there?

Wink status shows they have implemented a fix and are monitoring the status.

However, the HA/Wink/pubnub errors still persist. Not good at all. Is there a new subscription key that now has to change in python-wink for communications to work with this new fix?

No, python-wink doesn’t have anything stored in it, it all comes form Wink’s API. Not sure what is going on there, but I would give it time. Many times I have had issue they said were resolved and it actually wasn’t. One reason I switched off.

1 Like

Hi jlvandusen.

May I suggest that you look at the documentation for the service call. You’ll see it takes no parameters.

@w1ll1am23 I am also getting same error as OP
Exception in subscribe loop: HTTP Client Error (400): {“message”:“Invalid Subscribe Key”,“error”:true,“service”:“Access Manager”,“status”:400}

Question is HA going to recover automatically once pubnub + wink issues are resolved? Or do I have to do authorization process again?

Thanks a lot

I’ve had that thought many times wile trying to cope with Wink’s issues.
(BTW, w1ll1am23 Many thanks for your work on the Wink to Hass translation component. It helped me make the transition to full local control so much smoother.)

Then I freed myself from Wink’s short comings a few weeks ago. I purchased a zigbee dongle and read how to install and use it properly. It works well. It was the last piece of my smart home freedom puzzle.

Full local control is soooo much better, smoother and faster. No lag. No house guests snickering at me wile I futz around trying to figure out why I don’t have control of my Smart house.

Just my 2 cents. FWIW.

1 Like

Wow!, @Akriss any more details on zigbee dongle like where to get etc?
I am very much interested after all those failures like Wink, Ecobee, Ring. I am thinking going forward never ever go for devices which needs could/internet/service and use locally controlled devices only.
I am so much happy with zwave dongle from Amazon.
Appreciate help and off course big thanks to @w1ll1am23 for many years of hard work and providing the support.
Thanks

There are a few options to choose from.

I went with zigbee2mqtt It seemed to me a well executed open source project, with very good Doc’s, I thought so at least.

Everything Is detailed on there wiki site for all to learn. =)

Hope it helps.

1 Like

I would expect it to recover on its own. It’s possible they had to invalidate all their tokens during the “fix” so maybe re-auth would help?

Also, which hopefully isn’t the issue, but Wink has to pay for PubNub and if they are going under (hopefully they aren’t) I would expect them to stop paying the bill at some point and PubNub would then invalidate Winks subscriber tokens.

1 Like

Tried re-auth. No change. Pubnub errors continue.

Has anyone escaped this problem?

Has anyone reported to Wink that the problem is not resolved?

I reported it but never get a human to answer
And after they said they are monitoring I sent another with no reply.

Yes I am in the same boat

Yes, so many of them in the log.
Added new app to get another tokens still same issue.
Not sure where and how to report to Wink?

I have the same errors continuously

same issues here unfortunately… and not able to control or get status of devices

Bah, same issue here…

This is terrible - the WINK 2 hub was superior over all others as it did LAND, SEA and AIR type support of all these disparate systems and methods. I mean even to the point of tieing into the Kidde custom wireless?

No one else can talk native to LUTRON either… all others require the bridge. Its very sad the WINK team doesnt see the issues…

I do need to point out though, maybe @w1ll1am23 can help me understand why the WINK app on my phone shows the WINK receiving LIVE polls from all my sensors and I can turn on/off my lights real time - it appears to be the HA interface to WINK that is the issue right now?

jlvandusen, have you filed a problem with Home Assistant?

I agree with @jlvandusen. The Wink2 hub was a great piece of equipment. Still is… but the rest of wink has made me lose confidence. I am slowly moving everything off my wink and direct to HA.

I submitted a ticket to wink yesterday after they said they fixed it and it still wasn’t working with HA, but I have gotten no response yet.

Oddly, this morning I found I can sometines control things connected to my wink hub through HA again, but states still are not reporting correctly. :thinking:

I heard a rumour that Wink was trying to move their push updates in house so they stop paying PubNub every month. Its possible that they are now using that push method in the app not PubNub? And that’s why HA still isn’t working?

1 Like

Unknown if related or not, but I can’t authenticate into developer.wink.com now. (It’s supposed to use my GitHub credentials just like this site does, so I know it isn’t me forgetting my credentials.)