Wink Relay problem after upgrade

I am getting an error and can’t find a way to fix it.

2018-12-01 20:28:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 343, in _async_add_entity
raise HomeAssistantError(msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.wink_relay_sensor_temperature. Platform wink does not generate unique IDs
2018-12-01 20:28:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 343, in _async_add_entity
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.wink_relay_sensor_temperature. Platform wink does not generate unique IDs

I just noticed this earlier today. I will see whats going on and get a fix out asap.

thank you very much

I think I have it fixed can you test?

If so create the following path/file in your config folder. custom_components/wink/__init__.py and in that file place the contents on this https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/f2e230e44a8b10d9501b04ef2c14f449418cb28b/homeassistant/components/wink/init.py

Then restart.

I tested the fix but I get the same error. I should mention that I am running HA in the docker on Synology NAS.

Do you see in your logs where is says something like loaded Wink from custom components. Should be early on in the logs.

Yes I do

2018-12-01 21:54:38 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for wink which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

Hmmm are you seeing it for the same sensor as before? While I was testing had to delete my .storage directory to get sensor to show up. Which I was okay with because it was a testing instance I use. You could try that?

by the way.
I use " LEGACY FULL OAUTH AUTHENTICATION"

OK let me delete that file as well.

That will remove your users as well! Be careful. Maybe back it up first.

in the “.storage” folder there are 5 files. I only deleted 2 files where there is a reference to wink.
core.config_entries and core.device_registry. I restarted HA and still there is a same error.

2018-12-01 22:07:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
2018-12-01 22:07:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved

So maybe this is a docker thing. I tested with my test instance like I said which isn’t in docker. I’ll have to test with my real instance tomorrow. It is in docker. I’ll try using the custom component like you and see what happens. My testing was with a full install.

thank you for your time. here is what I did.
I cleared docker container, redownloaded HA - latest, deleted .storage folder which is not inside docker container. I restarted HA but no luck. I will wait for an official fix I guess.

Really weird I can’t get it to work with my docker either. I am pretty confident all is good since I was able to create the problem with my dev instance and then make it go away by applying this fix and restarting. However like I said I did have to delete the .storage directory so that is a bit of a pain. Hopefully that was caused by me doing something wrong and everyone won’t have to do it.

The fix is scheduled for the next hot fix so it should be in 0.83.3

thank you very much

I am in the same boat I have tried all way to 0.83.0 same error on docker and HA wont start.

2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new scene.wink entity: scene.open_garage
2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new scene.wink entity: scene.close_garage
2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new scene.wink entity: scene.lights_off
2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new scene.wink entity: scene.lock_front_door
2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new binary_sensor.wink entity: binary_sensor.jp_wink_hub_v2
2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new binary_sensor.wink entity: binary_sensor.wink_relay
2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new binary_sensor.wink entity: binary_sensor.wink_relays_top_button
2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new binary_sensor.wink entity: binary_sensor.wink_relays_bottom_button
2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new binary_sensor.wink entity: binary_sensor.gang
2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new binary_sensor.wink entity: binary_sensor.front_door_motion
2018-12-02 18:38:51 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new binary_sensor.wink entity: binary_sensor.driveway_motion
2018-12-02 18:38:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 343, in _async_add_entity
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.front_door_motion. Platform wink does not generate unique IDs
2018-12-02 18:38:52 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new switch.wink entity: switch.back_yard
2018-12-02 18:38:52 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new light.wink entity: light.kitchen_lights
2018-12-02 18:38:52 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new light.wink entity: light.front_of_the_house_2
2018-12-02 18:38:52 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new light.wink entity: light.casa_ruiz
2018-12-02 18:38:53 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new cover.wink entity: cover.garage_2

0.82.0 still works

sudo docker run -d -p 8123:8123 --name="home-assistant" --restart=always -v /home/jp/HA-JP:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -v /etc/letsencrypt:/etc/letsencrypt --device=/dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200-if00 --net=host homeassistant/home-assistant:0.82

0.83.3 is out, can you test that it is working now?

@subnetangel same, can you test out 0.83.3?

Fixed. 0.83.3 fixed my wink relay problem. Thank you

1 Like