Wink - Sensi thermostat - Climate component additional attributes request

I used to record my daily hvac runtime using cool_on and heat_on. Unfortunately hvac_action is not a replacement for this (as @bnhhass noted), hvac_action just mirrors the current hvac_mode. Is there now a way to determine if my HVAC is actually running?

Looks like that was broken too, just opened an MR to fix it https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/25549 once this is released you should be able to use hvac_action without any issues.

Looks like Hass 0.97.0 got it back up and running. I dealt with something last night where my wink configuration somehow was wrong, and went through the process again, and after a few reboots, it appears to be working. Now it is just the annoying pubnub errors causing a break in communication, but I may have to learn to live with that. Thanks again w1ll1am23!

Does anyone know if the Wink integration is having issues? Iā€™ve been putting this off, but my Sensi does not appear to be talking to HA. I added a new Wink developer application and successfully went through the authentication in HA but it doesnā€™t seem to be updating. Same story with my Wink cell phone app. I found a Wink Hub 1 at Goodwill, will it help to set this up?

The sensi integration on Winks end has been having issue for months. The hub wouldnā€™t help.

When I have time I am working on a direct to sensiā€™s API component but its slow going since a thereā€™s no documentation.

1 Like

Much Appreciated. I saw another thread where you are working on something, but it could take some time. I certainly appreciate it and would be willing to test when youā€™re ready.

Side Question: My Sensi makes a faint buzzing sound. Sort of like a tiny wind-up toy. Is this normal? I have opened up a support ticked with Emerson/Sensi, but was curious what your experience was.

I donā€™t actually own one so I donā€™t know. Probably a relay buzzing inside which I think is somewhat common but not sure.

Since you donā€™t own one, if you need any assistance testing for a direct integration, please let me know and Iā€™m happy to help however I can. Iā€™ve got switches on my network with packet capture capability, so I can potentially pull data from a few config scenarios.

1 Like

Iā€™ll second this @w1ll1am23. I contacted Emerson awhile back and asked them to provide API documentation, but they werenā€™t forthcoming. I have actually considered trying to figure out their API on my own, but just havenā€™t gotten around to it. I also own a Sensi thermostat, and would be happy to lend a hand with testing and whatnot.

I would love to see proper integration as the Pubnub\Wink stuff never updates the information for me. It polled once but never again, despite my attempts to follow guides to get it working. Seems like others are having problems too.

Today however I did set up the SmartThings integration for the Sensi thermostat, so far that seems decent.

Itā€™s a shame wink is going to subscription model, $6 a month to keep my sensi integrated with home assistant that Iā€™m not willing to pay. Any alternatives?

1 Like

I think you can integrate with SmartThings? kinda like how Wink worked.

Probably a good time to reach out to Sensi and ask if they plan on opening up a public API.

@w1ll1am23 do you have any progress with direct integration? If you need any help, let me know. I have sensi thermostat and development knowledge :slight_smile:

I have reached out multiple times and every time they tell me no, they have no plans of reaching out. I just deleted my wink integration so definitely would like to help on developing something. I have two sensiā€™s and and plenty of python experience. I will give smartthings a shot in the mean time.

@TheGardenMonkey @ekos2001 do either of you have experience with wedsockets? Their API is mostly wedsocket based and I have very little experience with it. I also donā€™t have a Sensi to work with directly so it makes testing a pain. I can try to collect what information I have and send it to you both.

I have a little experience with itā€¦been a a few years since I have done anything with it, but I am still down to give it a shot for sure.

Letā€™s chat on discord, anyone who wants to join and help can jump on here https://discord.gg/UPfnrZX

For me Sensi via SmartThings works fine as well.

Hello. Iā€™m quite new to Home Assistant. Loving it so far. :slightly_smiling_face:
With Wink pretty much dead now (at least for the free tier), I found instructions to add my Sensi thermostats to HA via SmartThings. Now, Iā€™m able to see different entities from the thermostats but they donā€™t seem to be registered in HA as thermostats. Iā€™m saying this because I tried to add a thermostat card in Lovelace and it couldnā€™t findany thermostat devices.
Could anybody please give me any pointers to troubleshoot this problem?

Youā€™re not seeing any climate.sensi entity at all in HA?

No, Iā€™m not. In fact, none of my entities even have the word ā€œsensiā€ in their names.
Here is a screenshot that shows the entities related to my thermostat downstairs.