Wire an extra software switch to Sonoff Mini?

I have a poolhouse and I use a Sonoff Mini to control the porch light for it on a timer (it’s in DIY mode using the newer hardware with the DIY jumper, and is running Tasmota).

I see there’s a GPIO2 that is marked as “available” at this site: Sonoff Mini - Tasmota

Has anyone used this to provide another “soft switch” input that can be captured with MQTT to do other things? Do you just send it to ground or not, like GPIO4?

I’d like to potentially wire it to another light switch and use it to control the underwater pool light using HA. Our main house has a switch for that light, but there’s no guest-accessible switch for it.

There are also other places in my house where we have Tasmota-enabled Sonoff Mini switches in dual-gang light switch boxes with only one switch, so being able to wire up some additional software inputs or sensors would be nice!

Wondering if you got this working? I saw somewhere that gpio2 can not be used as switch because it have to be in high state at boot time. So I think you can not use it. Maybe a Rx or Tx pin?
I am asking because my gpio4 somehow died. And I was wondering if I could reroute the wiring to another gpio.