Wired/Wifi Microphones to Integrate with HA?

Hi all,

As many of you know, Lewis on the Everything Smart Home YouTube channel published a video a little while ago about getting Rhasspy up and running, using remote USB microphones. The big question is how to get a USB microphone to provide voice input if my HA instance is in my utility room in my basement.

Lewis does mention using Raspberry Pi devices, I think for the sake of the USB port, to put in rooms throughout the house. I’m game… I’d totally do this… but I can’t find any documentation on how to do this. I’m running HA via VM on a Synology NAS. I’ve never done anything at all with Raspberry Pi devices, and Lewis mentions the Rasberry Pi Pico. Can this be used? How does one set up a RP Pico and have it found/recognized as an integration… let alone an integration that let’s me plug in a USB microphone to it? (Just illustrating my puzzling situation.)

So… I’m not looking for instruction as a reply, so much as pointing me to instruction if it exists somewhere online already. Anyone do this yet?

As always, this community is the best! Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I don’t know but did you find a way?