With 2.0 imminent, have all notifications been disabled?

its been a few weeks since I’ve received any notifications on my iPhone, is this due to 2.0 coming out soon? I missed the beta, and I don’t see v2 in the App Store, so I assumed it isn’t released yet?

I was just wondering about the same. No notifications to iPhone, even when I tried to send one from developer tools. In the log it says that notification has been sent, but nothing arrives at phone. Tried restarting the phone, but it didn’t help.

Could this be IOS 13 issue ?

Notifications are working for me. Got a few yesterday.

I should add ios 13.2.3 and app version 1.5.1

mine are working as well.

Same problem here. Removed the app from my phone, and installed it again.

I noticed I have a new notification service: notify.mobile_app_iphone. I can send a message using the development tools to it an it comes through on my iPhone.

However, when I use it (notify.mobile_app_iphone) in my script with a data_template and try to send a message with a data template, it refuses. I don’t get the message. :frowning:

Notifications stopped working for a short while a few days ago because Robbie needed to update his credit card info with AWS. That only impacted the 1.5 version of the app and not 2.0 and has since been rectified.

Can you post an example of the script you are using to send that notification and how it is called please

Very odd. I removed the integration and reset beta app before deleting it and installing the release. Couple of restarts and everything working…

@TomBrien This is the script I use now:

global_phone_push_notifcation:
  alias: 'global_phone_push_notifcation'
  sequence:
    - service: notify.mobile_app_iphone
      data_template:
        title: "{{ title }}"

One of my automations for the trash that calls the above script:

alias: general_trash_today_phone_push_notification
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.trash_today
condition: 
  - condition: template
    value_template: >-
      {{ states('sensor.trash_today') != 'Geen' }}
action:
  - service: script.global_phone_push_notifcation
    data:
      title: "Afval"
        Vandaag: {{ states('sensor.trash_today') }}

From my automation I call this script and pass the title and message as parameter. This used to work just fine with the old version. Also with the older beta version of the app.

Strange thing is that when I call “notify.mobile_app_iphone” and set a title and message from from the developer options I get the push message. When I use an automation, I get nothing. Also no errors.

Update: I upgraded from the older version of the app. I have also removed the app and the beta app from my phone. re-installed everyting, etc. etc. Still no luck.

The following is working perfectly for me. Do you have any notify errors in your logs?

scripts.yaml:

global_phone_push_notifcation:
  alias: 'global_phone_push_notifcation'
  sequence:
    - service: notify.mobile_app_toms_iphone
      data_template:
        title: "{{ title }}"

configuration.yaml:

automation:
  - alias: "Test Data Template Notification"
    trigger:
      - platform: state
        entity_id: sensor.trash_today
    condition: 
        - condition: template
          value_template: >-
            {{ states('sensor.trash_today') != 'Geen' }}
    action:
      - service: script.global_phone_push_notifcation
        data:
            title: "Hello World"
                Testing: {{ states('sensor.time') }}

I don’t have the sensor.trash_today sensor so this still passes on the logic

Hmmmm ok. So the code is good I guess. Strange. I did not see any notify errors in my log. I emptied the log before executing the automation manually and the logs were empty after that.

I will give it another try later today. I can not access my Hass system right now. Trouble with WireGuard. Getting timeouts suddenly. :frowning:

:thinking: Seems like I made a mistake yesterday. It works now. I just had to restart scripts. I think I might have forgotten to do it yesterday.

@TomBrien I noticed you use “notify.mobile_app_toms_iphone” as service. How did you manage to change the name and make it working?

I can only use “notify.mobile_app_iphone”. When I change the entity id of the device tracker and update my script, I don’t get any push messages anymore. It only works when I use iPhone as device id.

It uses the device name set in iOS settings>General>About. I have my Phone name set to “Tom’s iPhone” which becomes toms_iphone

Aaaah ok. :slight_smile: I see what you mean now. :slight_smile: Found it. Thanks! Will have a look at that.