With the mobile integration enabled my network becomes unusable?

I have an unusual problem here and I’m not sure where to start. I dont seem to have any issues downloading and using the new android app/integration in Home assistant ,however, over a period of time say overnight aprox 80% of my entities will become unreachable and my primary access point(will become unreachable). Because this seemed like bizarre behaviour I wanted to confirm so I have alternated between having the app/integration installed and not(I remove the integration) during the week and its a very distinct cause and effect. Incidentally i get the same behaviour when my GF installs to her iphone/integration running. Does anybody have any idea what is going on. Obviously the official android app can be a useful tool and I would like to use it. My only thought is I was using a modified html push notification component(I think it utilized a firebase set up I went through) which I have now removed but not tested if that has helped. I thought I would try the audience life line so to speak on this one. Edit: My logs become inundated with messages of switches and lights dropping out and Im not sure what I should be parsing for?

That’s quite an interesting one… can you paste some of your logs here and tell us a little bit about the kind of entities/integrations that exhibit this behaviour?

Sure I’ll do the overnight thing again.

After testing for several nights I could not reproduce the same issue at least to the same extent. I did make some changes but considering the likely hood that the mobile app and integration caused my issues seems unlikely. The only other time I ever experienced the mass loss of entities and general responsiveness from my router was with the netgear device tracker integration and I put that behind me ages ago by disabling it. I have stopped using the mobile app for now as I have options for tracking and notification that are passable to me. I still have my neato enitity error and one lifx light that becomes unresponsive which never did before. I guess I just have to believe that maybe my neighbors or something maybe set up some new boxing day/BF gadget and maybe that was the cause. Mostly just writing this to follow up.

1 Like