With Zwave-JS how to group (association) a relay to a thermostat ? SRT-321

Hi!
I use HASS.IO ( everything is up to date) on a Rasp Pi4 + AEON Labs ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 EU
The thermostat is a SRT-321
The relay is a Qubino ZMNHAD1 Flush 1

Yesterday I migrate to Zwave-JS. I’m still working on renaming devices and entities.

My floor heating is not working anymore (and it’s -10 outside :smiley: ) because I had to reset this thermostat to make a new inclusion yesterday.

In the past with the old Zwave, I used HA to make a group, to “connect” the relay (of my floor heating) to the thermostat.
But now with Zwave-JS I don’t find how to do it. Mayve I missed something?

Please, do you know how to do it?

Something more is missing. Before with Zwave, it was possible to set the WAKE UP delay for this thermostat. But now with Zwave-JS this setting is missing.

I see the same problem for my HeatIT Push 8 (a device with 8 buttons) to associate lights (for example) to each button.

Before Zwave-JS it was easy to choose the group and the target(s) to associate.

Please, do you have any idea?

I would recommend switching to zwavejs2mqtt which provides the ability to easily create group associations and set wake up intervals in the control panel.

From within HA, you can set wake up intervals using the zwave_js.set_value service call. There is currently no UI control for this.

service: zwave_js.set_value
data:
  command_class: '132'
  property: wakeUpInterval
  value: 43200
target:
  device_id: c4a368d8f75477ec46a6ee67a9dffac6

Creating associations is more difficult. From 2022.5 you can use the new zwave_js.invoke_cc_api service call, however it’s pretty complicated especially if you need to work with multi-channel associations. Better off using the UI provided by zwavejs2mqtt.

1 Like

Sorry to answer only now.
Thank you.

It’s really deceptive. I waited 1 year to migrate to Zwave JS, waiting that everything works well, feature are developed, etc.
HA was pushing to migrate to Zwave JS, and finally, group managing is missing (it’s a main feature to be able to group devices together).

About your answer (thanks again), and zwavejs2mqtt, is it possible to use Zwave JS and zwavejs2mqtt in the same time? Because I spent few days to configure everything well after the migration.
I want to continue to use Zwave JS, and just zwavejs2mqtt to manage groups (between my switchs, and thermostats+relays).

Is it plan that group managing will be include in Zwave JS ?

Thank you.

Disappointed as well, will a group config page be planned in the zwave-js interface?
Looks like it’s implemented in the main project : zwave-js - Z-Wave driver written entirely in JavaScript/TypeScript

2 Likes

+1, also waiting for group management in zwavejs. It’s a bit disappointing it’s not there when we were mostly pushed to migrate to zwavejs over zwavejs2mqtt

5 Likes

I also started my journey with Home Assistant using zwave-js. I finally got to the need to directly associate some devices and am shocked to see that managing association groups has not made it to the UI yet. I currently have 55 devices - and some fairly complex automations driven from device state changes.I strongly suspect it’s a lot of hours work to switch.

Is there a plan to bring group management to the zwave-js UI, given there is so much emphasis on users using it as the ‘best’ choice?

3 Likes

Looking for the same thing too.

Anyone found a way, or even a guide for using the service calls?

It’s in the zwavejsui

Yeah - but I am told that if you already have a substantial zwave-js deployment then retrospectively adding zwavejsui causes lots of broken automations. Is this not the case?