Withings sleep monitor. Is anyone still working on an integration

I don’t like ifttt and want a bed occupancy sensor

I would recommend eight sleep which already has a supported component.

[quote=“rafale77, post:2, topic:206500”]
eight sleep w
[/quote] a. $3k mattress?

1 Like

No, the sensor pad which apparently is no longer sold. I got one for $150

Oh, I wish I saw that earlier. Lol. I was like this guy just recommended a $3k mattress

Found one for sale, it it local or cloud?

It is cloud dependent. I have yet to find one such device which is local. If you do let me know.

I got one for $23. They have more too https://www.ebay.com/itm/324172235207

How fast does presence update? Minutes?

Couple of minutes yes! Wow that is cheap…

U think ifttt is faster? Minutes is kinda long

Not sure what you mean. The device connects to their cloud which the HA component polls. The delay is in how the device updates the bed value. The HA component then determines whether there is presence according to the primary and 1st derivative of that value. Adding Ifttt can only add more delays and potential breakage like all cloud to cloud scheme does…

$11 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eight-Sleep-Tracker-and-Temperature-Control-Mattress-Cover-Full/648136056

Mine just cam, I guess I need to wait 2 days for it to work

why 2 days?

“ You must have at least two sleep sessions recorded in the Eight Sleep app prior to setting up the Home Assistant component.” unless I can manually start cycles, which I don’t see in the app

Hey man, I can’t tell if my heat works. On 10 is it like obvious hot to the touch? Or just a little warm?

It’s a bed… it’s not supposed to burn you. It will be warm alright but not like a hair dryer.

Man presence detection is slow, like 15mins. Say I was a developer, is making it faster even POSSIBLE

I do find it interesting how quick IFTTT is for withings vs the actual data from withings integration.

I’ve been using the withings sleep sensor and iftt to turn on/off an input boolean for a little over a year now,and it’s nearly flawless. Usually detects me in bed within 10-15 seconds. Same for getting out of bed. I’d really like local info vs ifttt, but like you I dont really want to build anything. And since I almost never have internet issues, I’ll just continue to live with the iftt/withings intergration

1 Like