Withings sleep monitor. Is anyone still working on an integration

I’m sorry to hear that it did’nt work out that way.
Thanks for your reply anyway!

I am still having this issue, every few days. I suspect it is tied to how often I restart HA. Seems more often when I’m upgrading, or making changes that require a restart. Are you still having this issue?

Yeah… recently I restarted HA and this time:

1. HA requested re-authentication of one of my Withings mattes
  2. after that Integration didn’t asked for re-authentication of second matte (tight to another Withings account), but the sensors was remaining unavailable.
  3. I was forced to remove this device and add it again to make it working

Sorry to bump an old thread but I’ve recently come into a (now discontinued) Withings Aura with two sleep mats and am not having any luck with the bed occupancy sensor.

I read that when you install the integration bed occupancy will display as “unavailable” until someone gets either in or out of bed. But after a full night of sleep, both of the profiles in HA were still reporting as “unavailable”. I can confirm that HA is getting data from the Aura because it registers a value for BPM, weight and height. But can’t for the life of me figure out how to get the bed occupancy to work.

Have tried reloading and reinstalling the integration. as well as including the use_webhook: true in configuration.yaml.

Any insight anyone can share would be super appreciated

Hello, I hope you can help me, can anyone tell me how to make a sensor that tells me my total sleep hours. Thank you!

theoretical answer, sleep cycle pro can turn on a hue light … if you use hue emulation (in case no hue lights) … then sleep cycle can tell home assistant that the alarm went off …

Bumping an old thread here but has anyone solved the issue of the in bed sensor going unavailable after a restart? Seems like for the most part once someone gets in bed and triggers it then it comes back and works fine but still if there is a solution it would be nice.

there is no direct solution since the sensor follows HA strategy.

You can create automation to store sensor states into some permanent storage, reverting it back after HA restart.

I would use NodeRed for this, but maybe it can be achieved somehow with native automations too.

alright thanks thats probobly more trouble then it is worth since it seems to function fine other wise.

What is the best way to go about adding a second one? Can you use the same withings account or do I need to create a second one.

I don’t even know if it’s possible to register 2 devices to single account.

In my case me and my wife have registered each device to own account.
There is no problem with adding both, you have to remember however, that previous login is stored in cookies. So while adding second device you have to logout from withings account first. Note the logout button is kind of small/invisible.

1 Like

Good point on login. Alot of times I use an incognito browser when saved logins are an issue.

Is there some trick to getting HA to see the second account?

I added a second withings to the config.yaml then restarted. Then hit the add a new integration and selected withings. This opened the authentication window on the dev website. It shows the icon for the new account so I know im not logged into the one already configured. I hit allow app and it takes me back into HA. It shows the box to enter the profile name. I enter the email for the second account but then it says profile already configured?

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Hard to say. Maybe email is invalid name (too long or so) while exposing wrong message?
Re you sure you selected other, not associated device?

BTW IMO adding anything to config yaml is not needed for some time already

Your saying you can configure this integration from the UI?

Edit* Just tried and that does not work

Seems to be the issue is home assistant tries to authenticate which ever account already has been authenticated. Which ever is authenticated is the one that comes up when it transfers you to the dev website, even if I use an incognito browser and log into the other account.

I was partially wrong. you have to put account secrets of your withings dev account to configuration.yaml.
But only one. And no device aliases are needed there anymore.

After that integration just asks owner(s) of device(s) to authorize your devel withings account to access their devices.