WiZ lightbulbs - restoring state on virtual (not power) On/Off

I have 4 WiZ lightbulbs.

With all of them:

• when I cut off the power (physical switch) → and turn the power on again (physical switch) → they restore their last state (brightness/color) :white_check_mark:

With 2 of them:

• when I turn them off virtually (by using HA, but also by using both WiZ mobile apps) → and turn them (virtually) on again → they restore their last state (brightness/color) :white_check_mark:
  • when I turn them off virtually → and set color/brightness while turning them on (with HA lights.turn_on service) → they do exactly what requested :white_check_mark:

With the other 2:

• when I turn them off virtually (by using HA, but also by using both WiZ mobile apps) → and turn them (virtually) on again → they go to their default (max brightness, daytime color) :x:
  • when I turn them off virtually → and set color/brightness while turning them on (with HA lights.turn_on service) → they go to their default (max brightness, daytime color) :x:

At first, I’ve had thought it was HA’s issue, but then I experimented with the native apps (both the old WiZ and the new “Wiz V2”) → same behavior.

Changing the Power-on behavior between Last status and WiZclick (within the mobile apps) only affects the physical power off/on behavior → does not do anything for the “virtual” off/on.

The 2 working as expected are:

• A.E27, Colors, Model ID B27147, Firmware 1.31.0, Hardware: ESP03 01, SHRGB1C by WiZ, 8 W, 806 lm :white_check_mark:
  • A.E27, Whites, Model ID B27149, Firmware 1.31.0, Hardware: ESP03 01, SHTW1C by WiZ, 8 W, 806 lm :white_check_mark:

The 2 NOT working as expected are (both):

• A67.E27, Colors, Model ID B127372, Firmware: 1.31.0, Hardware: ESP24 01, SHRGBW by WiZ, 13 W, 1521 lm` :x:

As you can see, the main difference is the hardware: ESP24 vs ESP03.

Questions:

1. Has anyone found a workaround for restoring the state when turning on/off virtually? The only thing I can think of is to… not turn them off virtually, but physically (by installing a smart switch with a relay… but that’s kinda stupid… having smart bulbs managed by extra smart switch → plus makes the second issue of turning on with specific state even more difficult…).
  2. Has anyone found a workaround for turning on virtually with specific state? The only way I’ve found is to double the lights.turn_on call (but that’s making a quick bright flash in the process, plus does not work with HA’s scenes).
  3. Can I expect a firmware update from WiZ that will fix it? Has anyone contacted them in this matter? Or is this the case of “just buy new lightbulbs”, f the old ones?
  4. How about we make a list of WiZ (not only WiZ?) lightbulbs that are working as expected, so that we skip the bad ones? I will edit this post and update the list, if you post your own. Please state the “hardware” and "Model ID`.