Wlan0: link is not ready

Did you add your SSID via usb thumb drive? Also, clearing cookies helped when I ran into a snag.

FYI: I lost the ability to see my Pi as a network folder somewhere between rebooting and starting up DDNS.

And I also have the same problem, tried three different Pis and network cables. The device gets an IPv4 address from DHCP but refuses to use it, instead continually looping around WLAN.

Looks a lot like my problem.
Tried it on 3 RPI3B+ several image (32bits) downloads and 3 different, new, sd cards.With and without the official Pi PoE hat.
Just neverending loops around:
IPv6 ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP) wlan0: link is not ready
brcmfmac: power management disabled.
I didn’t thing wlan would be necessary, since it’s powered from a working ethernet interface…

Hi, same thing here.

New Pi 3B+, new 64Go SD and try on an old 3

IPv6 ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP) wlan0: link is not ready

If I setup eth0 same issue.

Try for both 32/64 iso v2.2 same result.
Plugged on 5V/3A btw.

Obs: durring my attempts install doesn’t seem to fail at the same moment, sometimes the install works a long time (with living things in output) sometimes it’s quickier. At the same time community website thrown 504 errors.

I think the problem is with eth0 on RPi3+.
I tried installing it one more time. This time with a USB stick with a configuration file setting the wlan ssid and password, to force it to use wlan and forget eth0 for a while.
IT WORKED! Now i´ve come one step further.
Tried to follow the instructions in the video in an earlier post.
I also installed configuration - ok.
But after installing Samba with parameters saying to use eth0, it didn´t start after reboot! So I´ll run without it for a while.
Seems like it´s an Ethernet problem on RPi3B+.
Experience: I took bakups of the MicroSD after each major step. Took some time, but definitely worth it.
Note: When you make the configuration file on a windows pc, make sure it´s saved with Unix-style line endings (LF, not CR LF). This can be selected in most good text editors (Notepad++, Textpad etc).
NOW it´s time to go forward and get all my z-wave devices up and running. And some zigbees.

2 Likes

To avoid the wlan issue I try to use eth0 instead, with both non/static ip.

Into an USB Stick named ‘CONFIG’ I put the file ‘network\system-connections’ with folloqing config:

[connection]
id=hassos-network
uuid=3f64d211-53e8-4729-9d92-df0acd750b55
type=ethernet
interface-name=eth0

[ipv4]
address1=192.168.0.30/24,192.168.0.254
dns=192.168.0.254;
method=manual

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=stable-privacy
method=auto

On first boot:

and then arrives the:

[   353.549156] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): Wlan0: link is not ready
[   353.563428] brcmfmac: power management disabled

After several secounds both lines are printed again and again with http://hassio.local:8123/ responding ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

When I login with root and type:

hassio > ne info

I got:

Error decoding json invalid character ':' after top-level value: 404: not found

Issue on tracket

I had the same problem during the install with the Hass.oi installation on Raspeberry Pi 3 B+. First on the 64 bit version and also on the 32 bit version. But found the solution for the 32 bit version:

1. Etch the hass.io on the SD cable
  2. Install the SD card, connect the ethernet cable. No need to connect the HDMI since the monitor is not needed for the install
  3. Power the Pi and wait about an hour
  4. On your laptop and using Firefox type the following:
    http://hassio.local:8123/

Problem solved with the 32 bit version. Now I am going to test the 64 bit version

Thanks for your solution but I would like to complete the installation using the WiFi . I followed the steps mentioned above on my new Rasp 3 B+ on a 32 bit version and get this message repeated:

Pv6 ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP) wlan0: link is not ready

My USB matches the one listed above and I created it under the network directory. My USB Was formatted in FAT32 labeled CONFIG.

Any clues?

i am curious if someone has a different solution for this problem. i tried loading from file. i even tried the solution from Ruimatos with firefox but the thing is on my pi the webpage never gets started.

my pi worked fine got it setup and it worked for a week then i did something wrong i must emit.
but now im looking at the same problem as any of you guys hassio starts fine but for some reason is not able to start configuration because of the wlan0: link not ready

I’m following this thread for a while now, as I’m having the same problems. I discovered that “hassio” is connected to my router, but still the added display says:

IPv6 wlan0: link is not ready
power management disabled

I’m trying to leave the Raspberry on during the night to see if that has any effect.

So a little update.

I left the Raspberry on during the night. This morning, there is still no web interface available. Still the Raspberry seems to be connected with the router though, I managed to retrieve the IP adress. I both tried the hassio.local link and the internal IP adress, both with the 8123 port.

Does anyone have any ideas about what to try next? Can’t be this hard to install this software, right?!

Same issue here with a slight twist. I was able to setup and use HA for several hours. I walked away for 30 min and came back and I get site cannot be reached at http://hassio.local:8123/ the following repeated output from the Pi 3B+:

This occurred after I tried to setup the configurator with no success.

Any updates on this issue?

Yesterday I discovered this topic about someone needing to restart his router. I tried that, but without success.

I can’t believe that nobody seems to know a solution. Is there any way to look into log files with SSH to get more information about what’s going on?

I opened the SD card on my computer to take a look. It seems to be different from the examples I see in youtube installation tutorials. Does anyone know if this is right?

Aantekening%202018-12-20%20182525

I figured it out. I tried installing raspbian stretch lite on my Pi 3B+:

Then I followed these instructions:

The webinterface was loaded without any trouble.

Okay, so I managed to get Home Assistant working at my Raspberry Pi 3B+. At least I thought. Turns out there are differences between the hassos image and the manual installation of Home Assistant:

If you don’t install the image, you won’t get the hass.io menu item. Without that item it’s not possible to install third party addons. At least not the easy way…

I’m going back to the image, hoping it will work soon…

i did manage to get further without the ipv6 link is not ready error
i prept a usb stick with the network info seen as in
https://github.com/home-assistant/hassos/blob/dev/Documentation/network.md
so now it boots without the ipv6 error and i see that the raspberry pi is actually connected through wifi as well.
before i only the lan connection was visible.
and now i probably have to wait till hassio is updated before i can login to the page:8123
im gona leave it for now an see if it later on its working.

Ureka!!! for me any way. yesterday i changed the dns servers in my router because i couldnt update docker containers on my unraid server.
so i thought maybe that also works for homeassistant. i tried it yesterdat with the already running install but no go. so today i flashed the latest .img again and i saw :8123 port straight from the first scan. and when i tried to go to it in browser the update messages appeared. so now the thing is running again.

i used the cloudflare dns before but now i have opendns en google put in my router.
maybe this helps for any one else with this problem.

Has anyone been able to truly solve this issue. I just purchased a pi3+ specifically to get into HA and im getting this exact issue. When it first boots on the screen it states no network found. Then goes through the loading of line codes.

Ive tried a config file… I have wifi and hardwired connections i see them both in my router that they are connected. So i know thats working. Its just getting it passed this first part.