WLED help/questions

So I have a few WLED’s in the house. Now from what I understand, each ESP board is runnings its own WLED server if you will. And then the WLED app on my phone, or the integration on HA connects to each of those.

What has been happening recently in my house is a lightstrip wont be responding to an automation, so I go into HA and it says its unavailable. Ok. I then go into the WLED app on my phone and its says ALL my instances are offline.

If each one is running its own thing independant of the others, then its unlikely they ALL went down at the same time. Its just as unlikely that the HA integration and my WLED app on my phone both decided to stop working.

So that leaves my network, but I notice no other WIFI related issues. I am running a mesh network with Deco XE75 devices. I have a total of 4 units for my 2000sq ft home. 95% of smart home items are zigbee or zwave so I am not flooding my wifi. Deco app shows 54 devices connected.

With all that said, then connections will randomly be restablished to all the WLED instances both in HA and the WLED app.
Any thoughts on what the issue is?

It is very likely something to do with WLED and mesh networks. I have WLED devices around the house on different access points (Ch1,6,11 - not meshed) and have never had this issue. Seems others have had the same mesh issue too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WLED/comments/1b6qoui/wled_on_esp32_connection_issues/

https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED/issues/1874

Are you using static IP addresses or DHCP and mdns?

1 Like

Are you on the latest (ish) version of WLED?

I’ve never had any issues with any of my WLED ESP’s until I was forced to update them to the latest (ish) version due to a HA breaking change in the previous release. Since then I’ve had 2 out of 3 drop off unexpectedly and ended up having to power cycle the WLED ESP’s to get them back.

Not saying it’s the latest firmware but maybe?

@tom_l static IP’s defined on the WLED devices

Unfortunately i can not define channels on my system.

@finity firmware 0.14.4